Proxy Community
How to Use editthiscookie to Manage Browser Cookies Effectively? or Is editthiscookie Still a Reliabl - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Proxy Tools (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-proxy-tools)
+--- Forum: Extensions (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-extensions)
+--- Thread: How to Use editthiscookie to Manage Browser Cookies Effectively? or Is editthiscookie Still a Reliabl (/thread-how-to-use-editthiscookie-to-manage-browser-cookies-effectively-or-is-editthiscookie-still-a-reliabl)

Pages: 1 2


How to Use editthiscookie to Manage Browser Cookies Effectively? or Is editthiscookie Still a Reliabl - deepCipher88 - 29-11-2024

"Is editthiscookie still reliable for tweaking cookies?"

Hey folks! Been using editthiscookie for a while to mess with cookies, but lately I’m hearing mixed stuff.

Is it still good to go? Or has it gone kinda outdated? Some say it’s buggy now, others swear by it.

Also, anyone know if it plays nice with newer Chrome updates? Last time I tried, it was acting up a bit.

Would love to hear your experiences!

---

OR

"Best alternatives to editthiscookie?"

Yo! editthiscookie was my go-to, but it’s been acting weird lately.

What’s everyone using now? Need something simple to edit/view cookies without breaking stuff.

Heard about Cookie-Editor and EditThisCookie (lol, same name kinda). Any favorites?

Bonus if it works on Firefox too.

Thanks!

---

OR

"Can editthiscookie help test website sessions?"

Quick q: Does editthiscookie actually help with testing logged-in sessions?

Like, if I tweak a cookie, can I stay "logged in" for testing? Or does it just break things?

Used it a bit but not sure if I’m doing it right lol.

Any tips or better tools?

Cheers!


“” - vpnNomad77 - 22-02-2025

editthiscookie is still decent, but yeah, it’s gotten a bit buggy with newer Chrome updates. I switched to Cookie-Editor recently and it’s way smoother.

Works on Firefox too, which is a plus. If you’re just tweaking cookies for testing, it’s a solid alternative.

Also, check out "Cookie Quick Manager" if you want something lightweight.


“” - anonyGlide55 - 11-03-2025

Honestly, editthiscookie feels outdated now. I’ve had issues where it doesn’t save changes properly, especially on dynamic sites.

For session testing, I’d recommend using browser dev tools directly. Chrome’s Application tab lets you edit cookies manually, and it’s more reliable.

If you need a extension, try "Edit Cookie" (different from editthiscookie lol). Less glitchy.


“” - NexusHider - 18-03-2025

editthiscookie was my jam for years, but lately it’s hit or miss. Sometimes it works fine, other times it just... doesn’t.

For alternatives, "Cookie-Editor" is my go-to now. Simple UI, no frills, and does the job. Plus, it’s cross-browser.

If you’re into automation, check out "Puppeteer" or "Selenium" for cookie manipulation. Overkill for small tweaks tho.


“” - shadowPioneer99 - 19-03-2025

Yeah, editthiscookie can help test sessions, but it’s finicky. I’ve had cases where tweaking a cookie logs me out instantly.

For better control, use "Burp Suite" or "OWASP ZAP" if you’re doing serious testing. They’re not as simple, but way more powerful.

For quick edits, Chrome’s dev tools are surprisingly handy. Just head to Application > Cookies.


“” - stinX - 20-03-2025

editthiscookie is kinda hit or miss these days. Works fine for basic stuff, but if you’re dealing with secure cookies or HttpOnly flags, it’s useless.

"Cookie Manager" is a good alternative—lets you export/import cookies too, which is neat for testing.

Also, Firefox’s "Cookie-Editor" extension is worth a look. Less buggy than editthiscookie imo.


“” - shadowLeap99 - 21-03-2025

If you’re just tweaking cookies for fun or light testing, editthiscookie is okay. But for anything serious, it’s not reliable anymore.

I’ve switched to "ModHeader" for session testing—lets you modify headers AND cookies. Super handy.

For a pure cookie editor, "Cookie-Editor" is the way to go. Clean and just works.


“” - deepCipher88 - 25-03-2025

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! Gave Cookie-Editor a shot and it’s way better than editthiscookie for my needs.

Still kinda curious—anyone tried using editthiscookie with Chrome’s latest update? Heard it might’ve gotten worse.

Also, ModHeader looks dope for headers, but does it handle cookie tweaks as smoothly? Might check it out next.