Proxy Community
How Does the wait time backoff_factor Impact Retry Strategies in API Calls? - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Community Support (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-technical-community-support)
+--- Forum: API and Development (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-api-and-development)
+--- Thread: How Does the wait time backoff_factor Impact Retry Strategies in API Calls? (/thread-how-does-the-wait-time-backoff-factor-impact-retry-strategies-in-api-calls)

Pages: 1 2 3


“” - cloakVoyagerX - 12-03-2025

Wait time backoff_factor is def underappreciated. I’ve been using it with a combination of exponential backoff and a max retry limit, and it’s been working like a charm.

For anyone looking for a quick solution, the `axios-retry` package in JavaScript is super easy to set up and lets you tweak the wait time backoff_factor without too much hassle.


“” - darkXchangeX77 - 14-03-2025

Wait time backoff_factor is such a subtle but important part of retry strategies. I’ve been using it with a combination of exponential backoff and jitter, and it’s been a lifesaver for handling rate limits.

If you’re looking for a tool to test different values, I’d recommend using Postman or Insomnia. They make it easy to tweak the wait time backoff_factor and see how it affects your retries in real-time.