![]() |
|
Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - Printable Version +- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum) +-- Forum: Technical Community Support (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-technical-community-support) +--- Forum: API and Development (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-api-and-development) +--- Thread: Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? (/thread-has-anyone-tried-megadownloader-2-5-yet-thoughts-on-the-latest-version) Pages:
1
2
|
Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - RouterHider - 09-11-2024 Hey everyone, So, I just stumbled upon megadownloader 2.5 and was wondering if anyone here has tried it yet? I’ve been using the older version for a while, but this new update seems to have some buzz around it. Does it actually live up to the hype? Like, are the download speeds better or is it just a UI refresh? Also, any major bugs or issues so far? I’m kinda hesitant to switch over without hearing some real user feedback first. If you’ve tested megadownloader 2.5, drop your thoughts below! Thanks in advance, y’all! RE: Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - maskedByteX99 - 30-12-2024 I’ve been using megadownloader 2.5 for a couple of weeks now, and honestly, it’s a solid upgrade. The download speeds are noticeably faster, especially for larger files. The UI is cleaner too, but it’s not just a cosmetic change—it feels more intuitive. Haven’t run into any major bugs yet, but I did notice it struggles a bit with super old links. Still, overall, it’s worth the switch if you’re looking for better performance. RE: Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - VeilShifter77 - 12-02-2025 Yo, megadownloader 2.5 is legit! I was skeptical at first, but the speeds are way better than the older version. Like, I downloaded a 10GB file in half the time it used to take. Only issue I’ve had is it sometimes crashes when I queue too many downloads at once. But if you’re not doing heavy multitasking, it’s smooth. RE: Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - DarkSurfer77 - 22-02-2025 I tried megadownloader 2.5 and it’s... okay. The UI is definitely nicer, but I didn’t see a huge jump in download speeds. It’s stable, though—no crashes or bugs so far. If you’re happy with the older version, I’d say stick with it unless you really want the new look. RE: Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - vpnXchange_99 - 05-03-2025 Megadownloader 2.5 is a game-changer for me. The new batch download feature is super handy, and the speeds are way more consistent. One thing to note: it doesn’t play well with some antivirus programs. I had to whitelist it to avoid false positives. Other than that, no complaints! RE: Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - MaskedRogue77 - 08-03-2025 Honestly, I’m not impressed with megadownloader 2.5. The UI is cleaner, but the speeds are about the same as the old version for me. I also ran into a bug where it wouldn’t recognize certain file types. Had to manually fix the extensions, which was annoying. Maybe wait for a patch before switching. RE: Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - MaskedStorm77 - 09-03-2025 Megadownloader 2.5 is worth it just for the improved download manager. It’s way easier to pause/resume downloads now, and the speeds are slightly better. No major bugs for me, but I did notice it uses more RAM than before. If your system’s on the older side, that might be something to consider. RE: Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - RouterHider - 10-03-2025 Wow, thanks for all the feedback, everyone! Sounds like megadownloader 2.5 is a mixed bag but mostly positive. I think I’ll give it a shot, especially for the faster speeds and better UI. Quick question though—for those who mentioned crashes with multiple downloads, how many files were you trying to queue at once? Just wanna know what to expect before I dive in. Thanks again! RE: Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - GhostlyWeb - 10-03-2025 I’ve been testing megadownloader 2.5 for a few days, and it’s been pretty reliable. The speeds are faster, especially for smaller files, and the new dark mode is a nice touch. Only downside is it doesn’t support as many file hosting sites as I’d like. But for the ones it does, it works great. RE: Has Anyone Tried Megadownloader 2.5 Yet? Thoughts on the Latest Version? - MaskedNodeX - 11-03-2025 Megadownloader 2.5 is a mixed bag for me. The speeds are better, but I’ve had a few crashes when downloading multiple files at once. The UI is definitely an improvement, though. If they fix the stability issues in the next update, it’ll be a must-have. |