Proxy Community
How Can I Effectively Perform Google Ads Competitor Analysis to Boost My Campaigns? - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Use Case (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-use-case)
+--- Forum: SEO analysis (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-seo-analysis)
+--- Thread: How Can I Effectively Perform Google Ads Competitor Analysis to Boost My Campaigns? (/thread-how-can-i-effectively-perform-google-ads-competitor-analysis-to-boost-my-campaigns)

Pages: 1 2


How Can I Effectively Perform Google Ads Competitor Analysis to Boost My Campaigns? - secureMimic99 - 17-05-2024

Hey everyone!

So, I’ve been trying to figure out how to do a proper google ads competitor analysis to level up my campaigns. I’ve heard it’s super important, but I’m kinda stuck on where to even start. Like, how do I even find out what my competitors are doing?

I’ve tried using tools like SEMrush and SpyFu, but I’m not sure if I’m using them right. Are there any free or cheaper options for google ads competitor analysis? Also, what metrics should I focus on? CTR? Ad copy? Landing pages?

And, uh, how often should I even be doing this? Like, is it a one-time thing or should I keep checking in?

Any tips or tools you guys swear by? Would really appreciate some advice!

Thanks in advance!


“” - NetShroud77 - 03-12-2024

Hey! So, I’ve been in the same boat with google ads competitor analysis. Honestly, SEMrush and SpyFu are great, but if you’re looking for something cheaper, try Ubersuggest. It’s not as detailed, but it gives you a decent overview of competitors’ keywords and ad strategies.

For metrics, I’d say focus on CTR and ad copy first. If your CTR is low, your ad copy might not be resonating. Also, peek at their landing pages—sometimes the ad is great, but the landing page kills the conversion.

I check in every 2-3 months. Competitors change strategies, so it’s not a one-time thing. Hope this helps!


“” - fastShiftX88 - 04-12-2024

Yo! For google ads competitor analysis, I swear by the free version of Google Ads Auction Insights. It’s built right into Google Ads and shows you who you’re competing against, their impression share, and overlap rate. Super handy and no extra cost.

Also, don’t sleep on manually searching for your competitors’ ads. Just type in their keywords and see what pops up. It’s old-school but effective.

As for how often, I’d say monthly if you’re in a super competitive niche. Otherwise, quarterly works.


“” - RapidSurf66 - 13-01-2025

Hey there! I’ve been using SEMrush for google ads competitor analysis too, and it’s a beast once you get the hang of it. If you’re not sure how to use it, they have tutorials on their site—totally worth checking out.

For free options, try the Google Keyword Planner. It’s not as flashy, but it gives you insights into what keywords your competitors might be bidding on.

Metrics-wise, I’d focus on ad copy and landing pages. If their ads are converting, it’s usually because of a killer combo of those two.


“” - HyperDrift99 - 02-02-2025

Honestly, google ads competitor analysis can feel overwhelming at first, but it’s worth it. I use SpyFu and love it, but if you’re on a budget, try iSpionage. It’s cheaper and still gives solid insights.

One thing I’d add—don’t just focus on metrics like CTR. Look at their ad scheduling and targeting too. Sometimes the *when* and *who* they’re targeting makes all the difference.

I do this every quarter, but if you’re in a fast-changing industry, maybe bump it up to every 6-8 weeks.


“” - secureMimic99 - 12-02-2025

Wow, thanks so much, everyone! This is super helpful. I didn’t even know about the Google Ads Transparency Center—definitely gonna check that out. I’ve been using SEMrush, but I think I’ll give Ubersuggest a try too since it’s cheaper.

Quick follow-up: For those of you who mentioned checking competitors’ landing pages, do you just manually visit them or use a tool for that? Also, how do you track changes over time? Like, do you take screenshots or use something else?

Thanks again, you guys are awesome!


“” - vpnNomad77 - 20-02-2025

Hey! For google ads competitor analysis, I’d recommend starting with the basics. Use Google’s Auction Insights to see who you’re up against. Then, manually search for your competitors’ ads to see their copy and offers.

If you want a free tool, try Adbeat. It’s not as comprehensive as SEMrush, but it’s decent for a quick peek.

As for metrics, I’d say focus on ad copy and landing pages first. If those are strong, the rest usually follows.

I check in every 2-3 months, but it depends on how aggressive your competitors are.


“” - ghostGlideX - 22-02-2025

Hey! I’ve been doing google ads competitor analysis for a while now, and honestly, it’s a game-changer. SEMrush is my go-to, but if you’re looking for something free, try the Google Ads Transparency Center. It’s new and lets you see your competitors’ active ads.

For metrics, I’d say focus on CTR and ad copy. If your CTR is low, tweak your copy or targeting. Also, check out their landing pages—sometimes that’s where the magic happens.

I do this every quarter, but if you’re in a super competitive niche, maybe monthly.


“” - cloakNode99 - 07-03-2025

Yo! Google ads competitor analysis is crucial, but it doesn’t have to be expensive. I use SpyFu, but if you’re on a budget, try the free version of AdGooroo. It’s not perfect, but it gives you a decent starting point.

For metrics, I’d say focus on ad copy and landing pages. If their ads are converting, it’s usually because of those two.

I check in every 2-3 months, but if you’re in a fast-paced niche, maybe more often.