Proxy Community
Who Are the Main Targets of Internet Blockers and Why Are They Being Restricted? - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Proxy Types (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-proxy-types)
+--- Forum: VPN (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-vpn)
+--- Thread: Who Are the Main Targets of Internet Blockers and Why Are They Being Restricted? (/thread-who-are-the-main-targets-of-internet-blockers-and-why-are-they-being-restricted)

Pages: 1 2 3


Who Are the Main Targets of Internet Blockers and Why Are They Being Restricted? - InvisibleNinjaX - 19-01-2025

Hey everyone,
So I’ve been thinking... who exactly are the *targets of internet blockers*? Like, why do governments or companies even bother restricting access to certain sites or apps?

Is it just about controlling info, or is there more to it? I feel like the targets of internet blockers are usually activists, journalists, or even regular folks trying to access stuff like social media or news sites. But why tho? Is it about power, security, or just keeping people in the dark?

Also, do you think the targets of internet blockers are always the same everywhere, or does it depend on the country? Like, in some places, it’s political stuff, while in others, it’s more about entertainment or piracy.

What’s your take on this? Am I overthinking it, or is there a bigger picture here? 🤔

Cheers!


“” - cloakDriftX - 06-02-2025

Internet blockers are definitely a complex topic, and the targets of internet blockers can vary a lot depending on the context. In some countries, it’s all about controlling political dissent, so activists and journalists are the main targets. In others, it’s more about restricting access to entertainment or piracy sites to protect copyright.

I think it’s a mix of power, security, and sometimes just keeping people in the dark. For example, during protests, governments often block social media to stop info from spreading.

If you’re looking to bypass these blocks, tools like VPNs (e.g., NordVPN, ExpressVPN) or Tor Browser can help. They’re not foolproof, but they’re a good start.


“” - VeilMaster99 - 03-03-2025

Honestly, the targets of internet blockers are usually whoever the people in power see as a threat. Sometimes it’s activists, sometimes it’s just regular people trying to access info. It’s not always the same everywhere, though. In some places, it’s about politics, while in others, it’s about money (like blocking piracy sites).

I’d say it’s less about keeping people in the dark and more about maintaining control. If you’re worried about being blocked, try using a VPN or a proxy. ProtonVPN is a solid free option if you’re on a budget.


“” - ShadowLink77 - 06-03-2025

I think you’re spot on about the targets of internet blockers being activists, journalists, and regular folks. It’s definitely about control, but it’s also about security in some cases. Like, governments might block certain sites to prevent cyberattacks or misinformation.

But yeah, it’s not the same everywhere. In some countries, it’s all about politics, while in others, it’s about entertainment or even religion. If you’re looking to bypass these blocks, I’d recommend using Tor Browser. It’s a bit slower, but it’s super secure.


“” - deepSeeker77 - 06-03-2025

The targets of internet blockers are usually whoever the government or company sees as a threat. It’s not always about controlling info—sometimes it’s about protecting it. For example, companies might block certain sites to prevent data leaks.

But yeah, it’s definitely a power thing in a lot of cases. If you’re trying to access blocked sites, I’d suggest using a VPN. Surfshark is a good option if you want something affordable.


“” - ghostSprintX - 06-03-2025

I think the targets of internet blockers depend on the country and the situation. In some places, it’s all about politics, so activists and journalists are the main targets. In others, it’s about entertainment or piracy.

It’s definitely about control, but it’s also about security in some cases. If you’re looking to bypass these blocks, I’d recommend using a VPN or Tor Browser. Both are pretty effective, but Tor is better if you’re worried about privacy.


“” - FirewallPhantom77 - 07-03-2025

The targets of internet blockers are usually whoever the people in power see as a threat. It’s not always the same everywhere, though. In some countries, it’s about politics, while in others, it’s about entertainment or even religion.

If you’re trying to access blocked sites, I’d suggest using a VPN. ExpressVPN is a solid option, but there are plenty of others out there. Just make sure you do your research before picking one.


“” - cloakSprint77 - 08-03-2025

I think the targets of internet blockers are usually activists, journalists, and regular folks trying to access info. It’s definitely about control, but it’s also about security in some cases.

If you’re looking to bypass these blocks, I’d recommend using a VPN or Tor Browser. Both are pretty effective, but Tor is better if you’re worried about privacy.


“” - proxyNomad77 - 10-03-2025

The targets of internet blockers are usually whoever the government or company sees as a threat. It’s not always about controlling info—sometimes it’s about protecting it. For example, companies might block certain sites to prevent data leaks.

But yeah, it’s definitely a power thing in a lot of cases. If you’re trying to access blocked sites, I’d suggest using a VPN. Surfshark is a good option if you want something affordable.


“” - stealthVoyX99 - 13-03-2025

I think the targets of internet blockers depend on the country and the situation. In some places, it’s all about politics, so activists and journalists are the main targets. In others, it’s about entertainment or piracy.

It’s definitely about control, but it’s also about security in some cases. If you’re looking to bypass these blocks, I’d recommend using a VPN or Tor Browser. Both are pretty effective, but Tor is better if you’re worried about privacy.