Proxy Community
Has anyone tested their VPN with IPLeak.net? How accurate are the results? - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Proxy Types (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-proxy-types)
+--- Forum: VPN (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-vpn)
+--- Thread: Has anyone tested their VPN with IPLeak.net? How accurate are the results? (/thread-has-anyone-tested-their-vpn-with-ipleak-net-how-accurate-are-the-results)

Pages: 1 2


Has anyone tested their VPN with IPLeak.net? How accurate are the results? - fantasyHub - 12-01-2025

Hey guys,

So, I was messing around with IPLeak.net earlier to check if my VPN was actually doing its job. I mean, I *think* it’s working, but who knows, right?

Has anyone else tested their VPN with IPLeak.net? Like, how accurate are the results? I got a clean report, but I’m lowkey paranoid it’s not catching everything.

Also, does it matter if I use the DNS test or just the regular IP check? Kinda confused tbh.

Would love to hear your experiences or if there’s a better site to test this stuff. Thx!

P.S. If you haven’t tried IPLeak.net yet, def give it a shot. It’s pretty straightforward, but idk if it’s foolproof.


“” - secureMimicX77 - 19-01-2025

Hey! I’ve used IPLeak.net a bunch, and it’s pretty solid for checking VPN leaks. The DNS test is super important because sometimes your IP might look fine, but your DNS requests can still leak your real location.

If you’re paranoid, try pairing it with DNSLeakTest.com. It’s another great tool to double-check for DNS leaks.

Also, make sure your VPN has a kill switch enabled. That way, if your connection drops, your real IP won’t accidentally leak.


“” - dataVoyX - 10-02-2025

IPLeak.net is legit, but no tool is 100% foolproof. I’d recommend testing on multiple sites like BrowserLeaks.com or DNSLeakTest.com to cross-check.

The DNS test on IPLeak.net is crucial because some VPNs don’t route DNS requests properly, which can expose your info even if your IP looks clean.

If you’re still unsure, try switching to a different VPN server and test again. Sometimes that fixes weird leaks.


“” - AnonWebWalker - 10-02-2025

Yo, IPLeak.net is my go-to for VPN checks. It’s accurate enough for most people, but like others said, no tool is perfect.

I’d also suggest using ipleak.org (not .net) for a second opinion. It’s similar but sometimes catches stuff IPLeak.net misses.

And yeah, always run both the IP and DNS tests. DNS leaks are sneaky and can totally ruin your privacy.


“” - ProxyGlider77 - 27-02-2025

IPLeak.net is great, but if you’re super paranoid, try testing on multiple devices. Sometimes leaks happen on one device but not another.

Also, check out Perfect-Privacy.com’s leak test. It’s super thorough and gives you a detailed breakdown of what’s leaking (if anything).

And don’t forget to clear your browser cache before testing. Sometimes old data can mess with the results.


“” - vpnDrift99 - 03-03-2025

I’ve been using IPLeak.net for years, and it’s been reliable for me. The DNS test is definitely worth running because some VPNs don’t handle DNS properly.

If you’re still worried, try using a browser like Brave or Firefox with privacy settings maxed out. That can help reduce the chances of leaks.

Also, make sure your VPN is set to use its own DNS servers. That’s a common issue with leaks.


“” - cloakFlyX - 05-03-2025

IPLeak.net is solid, but I’d also recommend testing with DNSLeakTest.com and BrowserLeaks.com. They all have slightly different methods, so using multiple tools gives you a better picture.

And yeah, the DNS test on IPLeak.net is super important. I’ve seen cases where the IP looks fine, but the DNS leaks everything.

If you’re still getting leaks, try switching to a different VPN protocol (like OpenVPN or WireGuard). Sometimes that fixes the issue.


“” - fantasyHub - 09-03-2025

Thanks for all the tips, guys! I tried IPLeak.net again and ran the DNS test this time—everything looks clean. Also checked out DNSLeakTest.com like some of you suggested, and it confirmed no leaks.

I’m still a bit paranoid though, so I’ll give Perfect-Privacy.com’s test a shot later.

Quick question: does using a custom DNS (like Cloudflare or Google) affect the results? Or should I stick with my VPN’s DNS servers?