![]() |
|
Has Anyone Successfully Done LinkedIn Scraping Without Getting Blocked? - Printable Version +- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum) +-- Forum: Use Case (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-use-case) +--- Forum: Web Scraping (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-web-scraping) +--- Thread: Has Anyone Successfully Done LinkedIn Scraping Without Getting Blocked? (/thread-has-anyone-successfully-done-linkedin-scraping-without-getting-blocked) Pages:
1
2
|
Has Anyone Successfully Done LinkedIn Scraping Without Getting Blocked? - fastByte_77 - 30-07-2024 Hey everyone, So, I’ve been trying to figure out LinkedIn scraping for a while now, but man, it’s such a pain! Every time I try, I get blocked within like, 5 minutes. 😩 Has anyone here actually managed to do LinkedIn scraping without getting blocked? Like, what tools or methods are you using? I’ve heard some people use proxies or custom scripts, but idk if that’s even worth the effort. Also, is there a way to scrape without violating LinkedIn’s terms? Or is it just a matter of “do it at your own risk”? Would love to hear your experiences or tips! Thanks in advance. 🙏 P.S. If you’ve got a working method, pls share the deets! “” - StealthShroudX - 24-12-2024 Hey! LinkedIn scraping is definitely tricky, but it’s not impossible. I’ve had some success using Octoparse with rotating proxies. The key is to keep your requests slow and mimic human behavior. Also, make sure you’re not scraping too much data at once—LinkedIn’s algorithms are super sensitive. As for the terms, yeah, it’s kinda a gray area. Most people just accept the risk, but if you’re worried, maybe stick to public APIs or tools like PhantomBuster that claim to be compliant. Good luck! “” - stealthLeapX77 - 15-02-2025 Yo, I feel your pain! LinkedIn scraping is a nightmare if you don’t have the right setup. I’ve been using Scrapy with a bunch of residential proxies, and it’s been working okay. The trick is to randomize your request intervals and avoid scraping during peak hours. Also, don’t forget to rotate user agents—LinkedIn blocks you super fast if they detect automation. As for tools, check out Scrapy Cloud or Apify. They’re pretty solid for this kind of stuff. “” - GhostTunnel - 23-02-2025 LinkedIn scraping is such a headache, right? I’ve tried a few methods, and honestly, the best results I’ve had were with a custom Python script using Selenium. You gotta be careful though—LinkedIn’s anti-scraping measures are no joke. I’d recommend using a headless browser and adding random delays between actions. Also, proxies are a must. I’ve used Bright Data, and it’s been pretty reliable. Just keep in mind, scraping LinkedIn is technically against their terms, so proceed with caution. “” - fastSeekerX - 10-03-2025 Hey! So, I’ve been down this rabbit hole too. LinkedIn scraping is tough, but not impossible. I’ve had decent luck with tools like Phantombuster and Scrapy. The main thing is to avoid getting flagged. Use proxies, rotate IPs, and keep your scraping rate low. I’d also suggest scraping during off-peak hours to reduce the chances of getting blocked. As for the terms, yeah, it’s a bit of a gray area. If you’re worried, maybe look into LinkedIn’s API, but it’s pretty limited. “” - proxyDashX77 - 10-03-2025 LinkedIn scraping is a pain, but it’s doable if you’re smart about it. I’ve been using a combo of BeautifulSoup and proxies, and it’s been working okay. The key is to keep your requests slow and random. LinkedIn’s algorithms are super aggressive, so you gotta stay under the radar. Also, check out tools like Scrapy or Octoparse—they’re pretty good for this kind of thing. Just remember, scraping LinkedIn is technically against their terms, so it’s a bit of a risk. “” - secureRunX99 - 13-03-2025 Hey! I’ve been scraping LinkedIn for a while now, and it’s definitely a challenge. I’ve had the best results with a custom Python script using Selenium and rotating proxies. The trick is to mimic human behavior as much as possible—random delays, mouse movements, etc. Also, avoid scraping too much data at once. As for tools, I’d recommend checking out Scrapy or Apify. They’re pretty solid for LinkedIn scraping. “” - hyperProxy99 - 14-03-2025 LinkedIn scraping is such a pain, but it’s not impossible. I’ve been using a tool called PhantomBuster, and it’s been working pretty well. The key is to keep your scraping rate low and use proxies to avoid getting blocked. Also, make sure to randomize your request intervals—LinkedIn’s algorithms are super sensitive. As for the terms, yeah, it’s a bit of a gray area. If you’re worried, maybe stick to LinkedIn’s API, but it’s pretty limited. “” - fastByte_77 - 14-03-2025 Wow, thanks so much for all the replies, everyone! This is super helpful. I think I’m gonna give Octoparse and PhantomBuster a try first—seems like they’re the most beginner-friendly. Quick question though: for those using proxies, do you recommend residential or datacenter proxies? I’ve heard mixed things about which one works better for LinkedIn scraping. Also, has anyone tried scraping LinkedIn Sales Navigator? I’m curious if it’s any easier or harder than regular LinkedIn. Thanks again, y’all! 🙌 |