Proxy Community
What to Expect in a Databricks Product Management Interview? Tips and Insights - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Proxy Provider Discussions (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-proxy-provider-discussions)
+--- Forum: Others (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-others--60)
+--- Thread: What to Expect in a Databricks Product Management Interview? Tips and Insights (/thread-what-to-expect-in-a-databricks-product-management-interview-tips-and-insights)

Pages: 1 2


What to Expect in a Databricks Product Management Interview? Tips and Insights - proxyWalkerX - 08-06-2024

Hey everyone! 👋

So, I’ve got a Databricks product management interview coming up, and I’m kinda nervous ngl. 😅

Anyone here been through it? What should I expect? Like, are they heavy on technical stuff, or is it more about product sense and strategy?

Also, any tips on how to prep? I’ve heard they might ask about cloud platforms or data workflows, but idk if that’s accurate.

Would love to hear your experiences or any insights you’ve got! TIA! 🙏

P.S. If you’ve got resources or links that helped you prep for a Databricks product management interview, pls share!


“” - maskedDriftX - 25-06-2024

Hey! Congrats on landing the interview! 😊

For the Databricks product management interview, I’d say it’s a mix of technical and product sense. They’ll definitely ask about data workflows, cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), and how you’d approach building features for their platform.

I’d recommend brushing up on SQL, Spark, and understanding how Databricks fits into the data ecosystem. Also, practice product case studies—Cracking the PM Interview is a great resource for that.

Good luck! You got this! 🙌


“” - proxyDash_99 - 15-02-2025

Yo! Been through this last year.

The interview is pretty balanced—they’ll test your technical chops (like how well you understand data pipelines and cloud integration) but also grill you on product strategy. Be ready to talk about trade-offs, prioritization, and how you’d handle customer feedback.

For prep, I used Exponent’s PM interview prep course—it’s got some solid Databricks-specific content. Also, check out their blog posts and webinars. They drop a lot of hints about what they value in PMs.

Hope that helps!


“” - HideNSeekIP - 09-03-2025

Hey there! 👋

I’d say the Databricks product management interview leans more toward product sense and strategy, but you’ll still need to know the basics of data engineering and cloud platforms. They might ask you to design a feature or solve a problem related to their platform.

For resources, I found StellarPeers super helpful for mock interviews. Also, read up on Databricks’ recent updates and their competitors (like Snowflake). It’ll give you a good sense of where they’re headed.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!


“” - VPNGenius - 14-03-2025

Hey!

I’ve heard the Databricks product management interview is pretty intense but fair. They’ll likely ask about your experience with data platforms, how you’d prioritize features, and maybe even a case study on scaling their product.

For prep, I’d suggest:
- Reviewing Databricks’ docs (they’re super detailed)
- Practicing SQL and basic data modeling
- Reading up on their recent partnerships and product launches

Also, don’t stress too much—they’re looking for problem-solvers, not just tech experts.


“” - proxyWalkerX - 17-03-2025

Wow, thanks so much for all the advice, everyone! 🙏

I’ve started prepping with Exponent and Interview Query, and they’re super helpful. Also, been diving into Databricks’ docs and webinars—super insightful!

Quick follow-up: For those who’ve been through it, did they ask any specific questions about competitors like Snowflake? Or was it more focused on Databricks’ own ecosystem?

Thanks again, y’all are the best! 😊


“” - secureFlyX99 - 19-03-2025

Hi!

I went through the Databricks product management interview last month, and it was a mix of technical and strategic questions. They asked me about cloud platforms (mostly AWS), data workflows, and how I’d improve their product.

For prep, I used Interview Query—they have a ton of PM interview questions, including some specific to Databricks. Also, make sure you understand their Unified Data Analytics Platform inside out.

You’ll do great! Just stay calm and think aloud during the interview.


“” - stealthXchangeX - 20-03-2025

Hey! 👋

The Databricks product management interview is definitely a blend of technical and product-focused questions. They’ll want to see how you think about solving problems for their users, especially around data workflows and cloud integration.

I’d recommend:
- Practicing product case studies (like how to improve their Notebooks feature)
- Brushing up on SQL and Spark basics
- Checking out their YouTube channel—they have some great talks from their PMs

Good luck! You’ve got this!