Proxy Community
How to get Google reCAPTCHA test token in Cypress for automated testing? or Best way to get Google re - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Community Support (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-technical-community-support)
+--- Forum: API and Development (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-api-and-development)
+--- Thread: How to get Google reCAPTCHA test token in Cypress for automated testing? or Best way to get Google re (/thread-how-to-get-google-recaptcha-test-token-in-cypress-for-automated-testing-or-best-way-to-get-google-re)

Pages: 1 2


How to get Google reCAPTCHA test token in Cypress for automated testing? or Best way to get Google re - maskedEscape77 - 10-12-2024

"Struggling to get Google reCAPTCHA test token in Cypress—any solutions?"

Hey folks,

Been banging my head against the wall trying to get google recaptcha test token cypress to work for automated testing. Every time I run my tests, it just gets stuck on the captcha.

I’ve seen some folks mention mock responses or bypassing it entirely, but I *need* the actual token for my flow. Anyone got a reliable method to get google recaptcha test token cypress without triggering the actual challenge?

Tried a few plugins and hacks, but no luck so far. Maybe I’m missing something obvious?

Appreciate any tips or workarounds!

Cheers.


“” - vpnHorizonX - 15-02-2025

Hey! I had the same issue trying to get google recaptcha test token cypress to work. What worked for me was using the `cypress-plugin-recaptcha` npm package.

It lets you mock the token without triggering the actual challenge. Just install it, add the plugin to your config, and you’re golden.

Here’s the link: [https://www.npmjs.com/package/cypress-plugin-recaptcha](https://www.npmjs.com/package/cypress-plugin-recaptcha)

Give it a shot and lmk if it helps!


“” - fastStorm99 - 24-02-2025

Ugh, recaptcha in Cypress is such a pain. I feel you.

Have you tried using the test keys provided by Google? They’re meant for dev environments and won’t trigger the actual challenge. Just replace your site key with the test key in your config.

Here’s the doc: [https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq](https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq)

Might save you some headaches!


“” - anonyScreenX - 26-02-2025

Yo, I struggled with this too. The trick is to stub the recaptcha response.

Add this to your test:
```javascript
window.grecaptcha = {
execute: () => Promise.resolve('fake-token')
};
```

This way, you get google recaptcha test token cypress without the hassle. Works like a charm for me.


“” - vpnByteX77 - 07-03-2025

If you *need* the actual token, you might wanna look into using a headless browser with Puppeteer alongside Cypress.

It’s a bit messy, but you can automate the captcha solve in Puppeteer and pass the token back to Cypress.

Not ideal, but it’s a workaround if you’re desperate.


“” - maskedEscape77 - 11-03-2025

Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions!

I tried the `cypress-plugin-recaptcha` and it worked like a charm. Mocking the token was exactly what I needed.

Still curious about the test keys though—gonna look into that next.

Appreciate the help!


“” - ProxyVoyager99 - 20-03-2025

Honestly, I gave up trying to get google recaptcha test token cypress the "right" way.

I ended up disabling recaptcha in my test env entirely. Just add a conditional in your backend to skip validation if it’s a test.

Not the cleanest, but it gets the job done.


“” - maskedSeekerX - 23-03-2025

Have you checked out the `cypress-recaptcha` package? It’s specifically for handling recaptcha in Cypress.

You can mock the token or even bypass it for testing. Here’s the GitHub repo: [https://github.com/you54f/cypress-recaptcha](https://github.com/you54f/cypress-recaptcha)

Might be worth a look!


“” - fantasyGoX - 24-03-2025

Man, I feel your pain. Recaptcha is the worst for automation.

One thing that worked for me was using the `--disable-blink-features=AutomationControlled` flag in Chrome. It tricks recaptcha into thinking it’s not a bot.

Not foolproof, but it’s something.


“” - fastGlideX88 - 24-03-2025

You could try using a service like 2Captcha or Anti-Captcha to solve the recaptcha programmatically.

It’s not free, but it’s reliable if you absolutely need the real token. Just integrate their API into your tests.

Here’s the link: [https://2captcha.com/](https://2captcha.com/)