![]() |
|
How Do You Effectively Work with Parsed Data in Your Projects? or What Are the Best Tools for Handlin - Printable Version +- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum) +-- Forum: Technical Community Support (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-technical-community-support) +--- Forum: API and Development (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-api-and-development) +--- Thread: How Do You Effectively Work with Parsed Data in Your Projects? or What Are the Best Tools for Handlin (/thread-how-do-you-effectively-work-with-parsed-data-in-your-projects-or-what-are-the-best-tools-for-handlin) |
How Do You Effectively Work with Parsed Data in Your Projects? or What Are the Best Tools for Handlin - maskedHawk99 - 18-06-2024 "Struggling with parsed data? Any tips for cleaner extraction?" Hey folks! So I’ve been working with parsed data lately, and man, it’s been a mixed bag. Sometimes it’s smooth sailing, other times... total mess. Like, how do you guys handle messy parsed data? I keep getting weird formatting issues, and half the time the extraction feels like it’s missing stuff. Any favorite tools or tricks to clean it up? Or am I just doomed to manually fix everything? 😅 Also, anyone else run into cases where the parsed data just... *decides* to change its structure mid-project? So annoying. Drop your wisdom below—I’m all ears! 🚀 “” - deepMimic99 - 04-08-2024 Ugh, parsed data can be such a pain! I feel you. One thing that saved me was using BeautifulSoup for HTML/XML—super flexible for messy stuff. Also, regex can be a lifesaver for quick fixes, but it’s easy to overcomplicate. For bigger projects, maybe check out OpenRefine? It’s great for cleaning and transforming parsed data without coding everything manually. And yeah, structure changes mid-project are the worst. I’ve started dumping raw data first, then processing later. Less headache! “” - secureVoy77 - 29-08-2024 Hey! If you're dealing with inconsistent parsed data, try Pandas in Python. It’s got solid tools for cleaning and reshaping messy datasets. Also, jq is a CLI tool for JSON that’s magic for quick fixes. Pro tip: Always validate your parsed data early. Found out the hard way that assuming structure = bad time. “” - SecureStalker77 - 26-09-2024 Man, I’ve been there. Parsed data just loves to throw curveballs. For web scraping, Scrapy’s built-in selectors are pretty robust. If the structure changes, you can tweak XPaths/CSS selectors without rewriting everything. Also, json_normalize in Pandas is clutch for nested JSON. Saves so much time! “” - cloakDriftX88 - 13-02-2025 Parsed data woes are real. Have you tried DataWrangler? It’s a visual tool for cleaning messy data—super intuitive. For ad-hoc stuff, I’ll sometimes just dump parsed data into a spreadsheet and clean it manually. Not fancy, but it works in a pinch. Structure changes? Yeah, that’s why I always log raw responses first. Debugging is way easier when you can compare. “” - maskedSprint99 - 20-02-2025 Yo, parsed data is like herding cats sometimes. If you’re working with APIs, Postman can help inspect responses before you even write code. Saves so much guesswork. For cleaning, Trifacta is pricey but worth it if you’re drowning in messy parsed data. Otherwise, good ol’ Python scripts do the trick. “” - deepTorX99 - 27-02-2025 Parsed data acting up? Try Pandas’ fillna() for missing values—lifesaver. Also, XPath tester extensions (like in Chrome) help debug selectors before committing to code. And yeah, structure changes are evil. I’ve started adding sanity checks to my scripts to flag when parsed data goes rogue. “” - maskedHawk99 - 02-03-2025 Wow, thanks for all the awesome tips! Definitely gonna try OpenRefine and Pandas—sounds like they’ll save me a ton of time. And logging raw data first? Genius. Can’t believe I didn’t think of that earlier. Quick follow-up: Anyone have a favorite regex cheat sheet? Still getting tripped up on some patterns when cleaning parsed data. Thanks again, y’all are legends! 🚀 “” - shadowVoyagerX - 11-03-2025 Ugh, parsed data is the worst when it’s inconsistent. For quick fixes, CSVkit is underrated—great for cleaning and querying messy CSV/TSV files. If you’re dealing with APIs, Swagger UI can help visualize responses before parsing. Less surprises! “” - cloakStormX88 - 18-03-2025 Parsed data problems? Big mood. Pandas’ melt() is gold for reshaping messy data. Also, json2csv tools can save hours if you’re dealing with nested JSON. For structure changes, I’ve started versioning my raw data. Sounds extra, but it’s saved my sanity more than once. |