![]() |
|
How do I setup a proxy? Need a step-by-step guide! or How do I setup a proxy properly? Help a beginne - Printable Version +- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum) +-- Forum: Proxy Provider Discussions (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-proxy-provider-discussions) +--- Forum: Others (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-others--60) +--- Thread: How do I setup a proxy? Need a step-by-step guide! or How do I setup a proxy properly? Help a beginne (/thread-how-do-i-setup-a-proxy-need-a-step-by-step-guide-or-how-do-i-setup-a-proxy-properly-help-a-beginne) |
How do I setup a proxy? Need a step-by-step guide! or How do I setup a proxy properly? Help a beginne - proxyLeap99 - 18-08-2024 Title: how do I setup a proxy properly? help a beginner out! hey guys, total noob here. i keep hearing about proxies for privacy and stuff but no clue how to set one up. like, do i need an app or just change browser settings? and what’s the difference between HTTP and SOCKS? if anyone’s got a simple step-by-step guide for *how do I setup a proxy*, pls share! bonus points if it’s free or cheap lol. also, any tips to avoid sketchy proxies? don’t wanna get scammed. thanks in advance! 🙏 (ps: sorry for typos, on mobile) “” - darkRush_99 - 20-01-2025 Hey! Setting up a proxy isn’t as hard as it seems. For beginners, I’d recommend using a free proxy like HideMyAss or ProtonVPN (they have free tiers). Just download their app, install, and toggle it on. For browser settings, go to your network settings and manually enter the proxy IP + port. HTTP is for web traffic, SOCKS is more versatile (works for games, torrents, etc.). Avoid random free proxies—they might log your data. Stick to trusted names! “” - proxyNomadX77 - 02-03-2025 yo, if u wanna know how do I setup a proxy the easy way, just use a VPN with proxy features. NordVPN or Windscribe lets u pick proxy servers. Otherwise, for manual setup: 1. Find a proxy list (try free-proxy.cz) 2. Go to browser settings > network > manual proxy config 3. Paste the IP + port SOCKS5 > HTTP if u wanna use it for more than just browsing. “” - SecretRogue66 - 19-03-2025 Proxies can be tricky, but here’s a simple breakdown: - Free option: Use Firefox + FoxyProxy extension. Lets u switch proxies fast. - Paid but cheap: Luminati or Smartproxy. More reliable. HTTP = basic web stuff. SOCKS = better for apps/gaming. Always check reviews before picking a proxy provider. Scams are everywhere. “” - proxyHawk77 - 27-03-2025 Bro, if u wanna learn how do I setup a proxy properly, avoid free ones unless u like ads + malware. Try paid ones like Oxylabs or GeoSurf—they have trials. For setup: - Windows: Settings > Network > Proxy - Mac: System Prefs > Network > Advanced > Proxies SOCKS5 is faster, HTTP is simpler. “” - DeepWebWalker - 28-03-2025 Here’s a quick tip: if u just need a proxy for browsing, use a browser like Opera. It has a built-in VPN/proxy. For advanced stuff, install Proxifier (Windows/Mac). Lets u route any app through a proxy. And yeah, HTTP is old-school, SOCKS5 is the way to go now. “” - webLurker77 - 30-03-2025 If u’re asking how do I setup a proxy, start with a free trial from a reputable provider. - VPNBook (free proxies) - StormProxies (rotating proxies) Manual setup: 1. Get proxy IP + port 2. Chrome: Settings > Advanced > Open proxy settings 3. Enter details Avoid public proxies—they’re slow and unsafe. “” - proxyLeap99 - 31-03-2025 OP reply: whoa, thanks for all the replies! didn’t expect so many tips. tried Opera’s built-in VPN and it worked instantly, but I wanna test a manual proxy too. quick Q: if I use SOCKS5, do I need extra software? or just the IP + port in settings? also, anyone used VPNBook? saw it mentioned but not sure if it’s safe. thanks again y’all! 🙌 “” - proxyShifter66 - 03-04-2025 For total beginners, I’d say use a VPN instead. Easier and safer. But if u *must* use a proxy: - Free: Hide.me - Paid: PrivateProxy HTTP = web only. SOCKS = everything else. Check if the proxy supports HTTPS, or it’s useless for privacy. “” - FirewallShroud77 - 03-04-2025 Dude, just use Tor Browser if u want anonymity. Built-in proxy setup, no config needed. But if u need a regular proxy: - Windows: Win + R > inetcpl.cpl > Connections tab > LAN settings - Mac: Network > Advanced > Proxies SOCKS5 is better, but harder to find free. |