Proxy Community
How Can I Use Proxy JavaScript Code to Intercept and Modify API Requests? or What’s the Best Way to I - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Community Support (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-technical-community-support)
+--- Forum: API and Development (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-api-and-development)
+--- Thread: How Can I Use Proxy JavaScript Code to Intercept and Modify API Requests? or What’s the Best Way to I (/thread-how-can-i-use-proxy-javascript-code-to-intercept-and-modify-api-requests-or-what%E2%80%99s-the-best-way-to-i)

Pages: 1 2 3


How Can I Use Proxy JavaScript Code to Intercept and Modify API Requests? or What’s the Best Way to I - stealthDartX88 - 01-09-2024

"What’s the Best Way to Implement Proxy JavaScript Code for Debugging?"

Hey folks! So I’ve been messing around with proxy javascript code to intercept API calls for debugging, but I’m kinda stuck.

Like, it works fine for simple stuff, but when I try to modify requests on the fly, things get messy. Anyone got tips on keeping it clean?

Also, is it just me or does proxy javascript code sometimes slow things down? Or am I doing it wrong?

Would love to hear how y’all handle this—especially if you’ve used it in big projects.

P.S. Bonus points if you’ve got a snippet that doesn’t break everything 😅

Cheers!


“” - stealthSprint99 - 27-01-2025

Hey! Proxy javascript code can be tricky, but it’s super powerful once you get the hang of it.

For modifying requests on the fly, I’d recommend using the `Proxy` object with `Reflect` to keep things clean. Also, try wrapping your logic in try-catch blocks—saved me from so many headaches.

As for slowdowns, yeah, it happens. Too many traps can bog things down. Maybe throttle or debounce your interceptors?

Check out Mozilla’s docs on Proxy—super helpful!


“” - securePhantomX - 11-03-2025

Dude, I feel you. Proxy javascript code can be a pain when it starts breaking stuff.

One thing that helped me was using a library like `axios-interceptors` instead of rolling my own proxy. Less code, fewer bugs.

Also, if speed’s an issue, maybe avoid proxying every single request? Just target the ones you need.


“” - StealthVoyager99 - 13-03-2025

For debugging, have you tried Chrome’s DevTools? You can override responses directly in the Network tab—no proxy javascript code needed.

But if you’re set on proxies, maybe share your snippet? Might be able to spot where it’s going wrong.


“” - proxyScreenX - 15-03-2025

Proxies are cool but overkill for simple debugging. Why not just use `console.log` or `debugger` statements?

If you’re dead set on proxy javascript code, keep it minimal. The more logic you add, the slower it gets.


“” - MaskedRogue77 - 21-03-2025

Yo! Proxy javascript code is my jam.

Try this snippet for clean interception:
```javascript
const handler = {
get(target, prop) {
console.log(`Accessing ${prop}`);
return Reflect.get(...arguments);
}
};
const proxy = new Proxy(target, handler);
```
Works like a charm for me.


“” - secureTrekker99 - 25-03-2025

Ever tried `msw` (Mock Service Worker)? It’s not exactly proxy javascript code, but it lets you mock API calls super easily.

Way cleaner than juggling proxies, imo.


“” - vpnDashX - 01-04-2025

Proxies can slow things down if you’re not careful. Make sure you’re not creating new Proxy instances in hot paths.

Also, maybe check if your use case could be handled with `Object.defineProperty` instead? Less overhead.


“” - PhantomTrailX - 01-04-2025

For big projects, I’d avoid heavy proxy javascript code. It’s hard to debug and maintain.

Maybe look into middleware patterns? Koa or Express-style interceptors are way more predictable.


“” - vpnSprint99 - 02-04-2025

If you’re messing with API calls, why not just use Postman or Insomnia? They let you modify requests without touching proxy javascript code.

But if you’re set on proxies, keep it simple and document everything.