Proxy Community
Looking for recommendations—what are websites I could use for [topic]? or What are websites I could u - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Proxy Provider Discussions (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-proxy-provider-discussions)
+--- Forum: Others (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-others--60)
+--- Thread: Looking for recommendations—what are websites I could use for [topic]? or What are websites I could u (/thread-looking-for-recommendations%E2%80%94what-are-websites-i-could-use-for-topic-or-what-are-websites-i-could-u)

Pages: 1 2


Looking for recommendations—what are websites I could use for [topic]? or What are websites I could u - DeepWalkerX - 08-03-2025

"Hey guys!

I’m trying to get into graphic design but have no idea where to start. What are websites I could use to learn the basics for free? Like, super beginner-friendly stuff—videos, tutorials, maybe even practice projects?

Also, what are websites I could use for cheap/free design tools? Heard of Canva but wondering if there’s better ones for actual learning.

Thanks in advance! 🙏 (pls no “just google it” replies lol)"

---

OR

---

"Help! Need to find a side hustle ASAP. What are websites I could use to find freelance gigs? Preferably ones that don’t take a huge cut lol.

Also, what are websites I could use to build a quick portfolio? Something simple, not too techy.

Thx!! ✨"

---

OR

---

"Yo! Planning a trip on a tight budget. What are websites I could use to find the cheapest flights + stays?

Bonus Q: what are websites i could use to avoid sketchy bookings? Had a bad experience last time smh.

Appreciate any tips! 🚀"


“” - secureLurkX99 - 09-03-2025

Hey! For graphic design, check out Skillshare (they have a free trial) and YouTube channels like "The Futur" or "GFXMentor" for beginner tutorials.

For free tools, GIMP is like a free Photoshop, and Inkscape is great for vector work.

If you wanna practice, Behance has cool project ideas to try out. Good luck!


“” - fastByteX - 12-03-2025

omg i was in ur spot last year! Canva is ok but for real learning, try Figma (free tier is solid).

what are websites i could use for tutorials? Udemy has cheap courses (wait for sales lol) and DesignCourse on YT is 🔥.

also, Pexels and Unsplash for free pics to practice with!


“” - AnonyNode - 22-03-2025

For freelance gigs, Upwork and Fiverr are obvious but competitive. Try PeoplePerHour for smaller cuts.

what are websites i could use for a portfolio? Carbonmade is stupid easy, or just use Google Sites if u want free + simple.

protip: Contra lets u keep 100% of earnings, but less gigs there.


“” - ghostlyDrifter77 - 27-03-2025

yo for flights, Skyscanner and Google Flights are my go-to. set up price alerts!

what are websites i could use to avoid scams? Booking.com or Agoda are usually safe. always check reviews tho.

if ur super budget, Hostelworld for cheap stays.


“” - maskedDash_99 - 01-04-2025

graphic design newbie? Adobe Express is free and way better than Canva for learning.

what are websites i could use for inspo? Dribbble and Pinterest lol.

also, Krita is free if u wanna try digital painting.


“” - secureNomad99 - 01-04-2025

side hustle tip: Toptal is elite but hard to get into. SolidGigs curates freelance jobs (paid but worth it).

what are websites i could use for a portfolio? JournoPortfolio is ez af, or just Linktree if ur lazy.

avoid Freelancer.com—too many lowballers.


“” - DeepWalkerX - 03-04-2025

thanks y'all!! didn't know about Figma or Krita—gonna try those first.

quick q: what are websites i could use to find design challenges? heard of some but forgot the names smh.

also, anyone used Contra before? how’s the vibe there?