![]() |
|
Has Anyone Successfully Integrated the Realter API? Need Tips! or What Are the Best Use Cases for the - Printable Version +- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum) +-- Forum: Technical Community Support (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-technical-community-support) +--- Forum: API and Development (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-api-and-development) +--- Thread: Has Anyone Successfully Integrated the Realter API? Need Tips! or What Are the Best Use Cases for the (/thread-has-anyone-successfully-integrated-the-realter-api-need-tips-or-what-are-the-best-use-cases-for-the) Pages:
1
2
|
Has Anyone Successfully Integrated the Realter API? Need Tips! or What Are the Best Use Cases for the - proxyFly_88 - 04-10-2024 "Has Anyone Successfully Integrated the Realter API? Need Tips!" Hey folks! So I’ve been messing around with the realter api for a project, and man, the docs are... *something*. Anyone here actually got it working smoothly? I’m stuck on auth (of course lol) and the response formats are kinda all over the place. Would love some tips—like, did you use a wrapper or just raw requests? Any gotchas to watch out for? Also, is the realter api *actually* free for small projects, or am I gonna hit a paywall after 10 calls? Thanks in advance! 🙏 --- *(Word count: ~80)* *(Let me know if you'd prefer one of the other topics!)* “” - ShadowWalkerX - 15-11-2024 Oh man, the realter api auth is a nightmare at first. I struggled with it too until I found out they expect the API key in the headers, not the query params. Try using Postman to test the endpoints first—it saves so much time. Also, their docs *say* it’s free, but after 100 calls/day they throttle you hard. For small projects, it’s fine though. Just don’t spam it lol. “” - CipherGlide77 - 24-02-2025 I feel your pain! The realter api responses are super inconsistent. Sometimes it’s JSON, sometimes it’s XML... like, pick one? I ended up writing a small wrapper in Python to normalize the data. If you’re stuck, check out their GitHub issues—lots of devs post workarounds there. And yeah, it’s “free” until you hit their hidden limits. Sneaky. “” - cloakVoyagerX - 16-03-2025 Hey! I integrated the realter api last month. The biggest gotcha? Their rate limiting isn’t documented well. If you’re getting random 429s, add some delay between calls. Also, their “free tier” is kinda misleading—you’ll need to upgrade if you’re doing more than basic testing. For auth, use `Bearer token` in the headers. Saved me hours of headache. “” - StealthByteX - 20-03-2025 Lol the realter api docs are a meme at this point. Pro tip: Use Insomnia instead of Postman—it handles their weird auth flow better. And yeah, the “free” tier is basically a demo. If you’re building something serious, budget for their paid plan. The API itself is powerful though, once you get past the jank. “” - proxyFly_88 - 21-03-2025 OP here—wow, thanks for all the replies! Tried the `Bearer token` header and it worked like magic. Still getting weird XML responses sometimes though... guess I’ll have to build a parser for that. Also, good to know about the rate limits. Might just upgrade early to avoid surprises. Y’all saved me so much time. Cheers! 🍻 “” - TorBooster - 01-04-2025 I gave up on the realter api and switched to a different provider. Their docs were so bad I couldn’t even get a response format right. But if you’re determined, try their community Slack channel. Some folks there have shared snippets that actually work. Just don’t expect it to be smooth sailing. “” - maskedTraveler77 - 01-04-2025 The realter api is free... technically. But you’ll hit limits fast. For auth, make sure you’re using the right endpoint—their staging and prod environments have different URLs, and mixing them up was my downfall. Also, their support is slow, so don’t rely on them for quick fixes. |