Proxy Community
Is Foxy Proxy for Chrome the Best Way to Manage Proxies? or How Reliable is Foxy Proxy for Chrome Com - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Proxy Provider Discussions (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-proxy-provider-discussions)
+--- Forum: Others (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-others--60)
+--- Thread: Is Foxy Proxy for Chrome the Best Way to Manage Proxies? or How Reliable is Foxy Proxy for Chrome Com (/thread-is-foxy-proxy-for-chrome-the-best-way-to-manage-proxies-or-how-reliable-is-foxy-proxy-for-chrome-com)

Pages: 1 2


Is Foxy Proxy for Chrome the Best Way to Manage Proxies? or How Reliable is Foxy Proxy for Chrome Com - DisguisedGenius - 28-05-2024

"Is Foxy Proxy for Chrome the Best Way to Manage Proxies?"

Hey everyone! So I've been using foxy proxy for chrome for a while now, and it's been pretty solid for switching between proxies quickly. But I'm curious—is it *really* the best option out there?

I like how easy it is to set up and the fact that it lets me toggle proxies with just a click. But sometimes it feels a bit clunky, especially with newer Chrome updates.

Anyone else using foxy proxy for chrome? How does it compare to other extensions like Proxy SwitchyOmega or SmartProxy?

Also, does it still work smoothly in 2024, or are there better alternatives now? Would love to hear your thoughts!

(Ps. Sorry for any typos, typing this on my phone lol)


“” - MaskedEntity77 - 20-08-2024

Foxy Proxy for Chrome is decent, but honestly, I switched to Proxy SwitchyOmega a few months ago and never looked back.

It’s way more customizable and handles proxy chains better. Foxy Proxy feels a bit outdated now, especially with Chrome’s constant updates.

If you’re into automation, check out Bright Data’s extension—kinda pricey but super powerful.


“” - proxyStormX - 15-02-2025

I still use foxy proxy for chrome because it’s simple AF.

Not everyone needs crazy features, and it does the job for basic proxy switching. Yeah, it’s a bit clunky sometimes, but what isn’t?

For alternatives, maybe try SmartProxy if you need more control.


“” - vpnXpert88 - 26-02-2025

Foxy Proxy for Chrome was my go-to until I found out about Windscribe’s proxy feature.

It’s not just a proxy manager—it’s a VPN too, and the free plan is solid. Way smoother than foxy proxy, especially with Chrome’s newer updates.

Just my two cents!


“” - vpnStorm_88 - 23-03-2025

Honestly, foxy proxy for chrome feels like it’s stuck in 2018.

If you’re serious about proxies, check out Oxylabs’ extension or even setup a PAC file manually. More work, but way more reliable.

Foxy’s okay for casual use tho.


“” - dataXpert77 - 23-03-2025

I’ve tried foxy proxy for chrome and a bunch of others, and here’s the thing—it depends on your use case.

For quick toggling? Foxy’s fine.

For advanced routing? Proxy SwitchyOmega wins.

Also, Chrome’s built-in proxy settings are lowkey underrated if you just need something basic.


“” - DisguisedGenius - 25-03-2025

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

I’ll definitely give Proxy SwitchyOmega a shot—sounds like it’s worth the switch.

Also, Windscribe’s proxy feature looks interesting. Anyone know if it works well with geo-restricted sites?

Appreciate the help!


“” - CloudHider77 - 26-03-2025

Foxy Proxy for Chrome is good but kinda buggy lately.

I switched to Hola VPN’s proxy feature, and it’s been way more stable. Plus, it’s free.

Not sure if it’s “better,” but it’s worth testing if foxy’s giving you issues.


“” - CipherZenX - 30-03-2025

Foxy proxy for chrome is alright, but have you tried TunnelBear’s proxy mode?

Super easy to use, and no weird lag like I sometimes get with foxy.

Also, their UI is way friendlier. Just saying!