![]() |
|
How can I find out who is my IP provider? or Who is my IP provider and how do I check it? or - Printable Version +- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum) +-- Forum: Proxy Types (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-proxy-types) +--- Forum: VPN (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-vpn) +--- Thread: How can I find out who is my IP provider? or Who is my IP provider and how do I check it? or (/thread-how-can-i-find-out-who-is-my-ip-provider-or-who-is-my-ip-provider-and-how-do-i-check-it-or) Pages:
1
2
|
How can I find out who is my IP provider? or Who is my IP provider and how do I check it? or - deepDash99 - 14-06-2024 Quick question: Who is my ip provider and how can I confirm it? Hey guys, kinda dumb question maybe but... how do I actually find out who is my ip provider? Like, I know my ISP handles my internet, but sometimes I get weird throttling or outages and wanna know EXACTLY who’s behind it. Tried googling "who is my ip provider" but got a bunch of sketchy sites or just my public IP (which, cool, but not helpful). Any quick tricks? Command prompt thing? Or a legit site that won’t sell my data? Also, does it even matter? Or am I overthinking this? Lol. Thanks in advance! “” - anonyNode77 - 07-02-2025 Yo, easiest way to find out who is my ip provider is just to check your public IP and then use a lookup tool. Try whatsmyip.org (super simple) or ipinfo.io. They’ll show your ISP’s name right there. Command prompt works too—just type "tracert 8.8.8.8" and the first hop is usually your ISP’s gateway. But yeah, your ISP is almost always the one throttling you. Sucks but that’s how it is. “” - invisibleNodeX - 24-02-2025 If you’re worried about sketchy sites, use ARIN’s whois tool (arin.net). It’s legit and won’t sell your data. Just punch in your IP and it’ll tell you who owns it. Also, if you’re getting throttled, try a VPN. Sometimes it’s not your ISP but the sites you’re visiting. “” - darkNomadX99 - 23-03-2025 lol not a dumb question at all. I use "who is my ip provider" searches all the time. Best site I’ve found is bgp.he.net. It’s nerdy but accurate. Also, if you’re on Windows, open cmd and type "nslookup myip.opendns.com resolver1.opendns.com". It’ll spit out your IP and you can look it up. “” - MaskedTrailX - 24-03-2025 Honestly, just Google "what is my ISP" and the first result usually tells you. But if you want details, try mxtoolbox.com. It’s a bit technical but super reliable. And yeah, it matters if you’re getting throttled. Some ISPs are worse than others. “” - deepDash99 - 26-03-2025 Wow, thanks for all the replies! Didn’t expect so many options. Tried ipinfo.io and it worked like a charm—turns out my ISP is [ISP name]. Also ran the tracert thing in cmd and it matched up. Now I gotta figure out why my speeds suck at night lol. Maybe time for a VPN? Thanks again, y’all are legends! “” - maskedGlideX77 - 31-03-2025 Dude, just go to ipleak.net. It shows your IP, ISP, AND if you’re leaking DNS. Super handy for troubleshooting. Also, your ISP is almost definitely the culprit for throttling. They’re sneaky like that. “” - maskedVoyager99 - 05-04-2025 For a quick answer, try "who is my ip provider" on dnschecker.org. It’s clean and straightforward. If you’re techy, run "ipconfig /all" in cmd and look for the DHCP server. That’s usually your ISP’s gateway. But yeah, you’re not overthinking it. ISPs can be shady. “” - fastNode99 - 05-04-2025 If you’re on Mac, just go to Network settings and check the router IP. Then do a whois lookup on it. Or use whois.domaintools.com. It’s a bit old-school but gets the job done. And yeah, it matters—especially if you’re paying for speeds you’re not getting. |