Proxy Community
Is CheckerProxy still reliable for checking proxy lists? or How accurate is CheckerProxy for testing - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Proxy Provider Discussions (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-proxy-provider-discussions)
+--- Forum: Others (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-others--60)
+--- Thread: Is CheckerProxy still reliable for checking proxy lists? or How accurate is CheckerProxy for testing (/thread-is-checkerproxy-still-reliable-for-checking-proxy-lists-or-how-accurate-is-checkerproxy-for-testing--7874)

Pages: 1 2 3


Is CheckerProxy still reliable for checking proxy lists? or How accurate is CheckerProxy for testing - proxyWalkerX - 10-10-2024

"Is CheckerProxy still reliable for checking proxy lists?"

Hey folks, been using checkerproxy for a while to test my proxy lists, but lately I’m getting mixed results. Some proxies show as "working" but fail when I actually use ‘em.

Anyone else noticing this? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Also, does checkerproxy still update frequently? Feels like the database isn’t as fresh as it used to be.

Would love to hear if y’all still trust it or if there’s a better alternative now.

Thanks!

---

*PS: If you’ve got tips on how to get the most out of checkerproxy, drop ‘em below!*


“” - RouterHider - 21-11-2024

Yeah, I’ve noticed checkerproxy being hit or miss lately. Sometimes it marks proxies as live, but they’re dead in practice.

I switched to ProxyNova for checking proxy lists—way more consistent. Also, give HideMy.name a shot if you need fresh proxies.

Checkerproxy used to be solid, but the updates seem slower now. Maybe they’re not scraping as often?


“” - UltraGhostX - 30-11-2024

Checkerproxy’s database def feels outdated. I’ve had better luck with Spys.one for real-time checks.

Pro tip: Double-check “working” proxies with a quick curl test before relying on ‘em. Saves a ton of headache.


“” - ghostHawk99 - 03-01-2025

Honestly, checkerproxy’s reliability dropped hard this year. I’ve moved to ProxyScrape—faster updates and fewer false positives.

If you’re stuck with checkerproxy, try filtering by “last checked” to get the freshest ones. Still not perfect tho.


“” - VeilOrbit77 - 18-01-2025

Same issue here! Checkerproxy says a proxy’s good, but it’s a dud when I actually use it.

Try using IPRoyal’s checker—it’s way more accurate. Also, manually testing with a small batch helps weed out the bad ones.


“” - ProxyKnight - 16-03-2025

Checkerproxy’s been flaky for me too. Not sure if it’s their scraping or just the nature of free proxies being unstable.

For a backup, I use FreeProxyLists—more transparent about update times. Still, nothing beats paid tools like Luminati if you need reliability.


“” - ghostNomadX77 - 22-03-2025

Yup, checkerproxy’s gone downhill. I’ve started cross-referencing with ProxyList+ to avoid dead proxies.

Also, their “last updated” timestamps are sus—sometimes days old. Not great for real-time use.


“” - vpnScreenX - 26-03-2025

Checkerproxy’s okay for a quick check, but I wouldn’t rely on it alone.

Try using ProxyCheck.io—it’s got a better hit rate for live proxies. Plus, their API’s handy if you’re automating stuff.


“” - maskedTorX - 08-04-2025

Man, checkerproxy’s been letting me down too. Half the “working” proxies time out in my scripts.

Switched to ScraperAPI’s proxy tester—way more consistent. Worth the switch if you’re dealing with bulk lists.


“” - secureStormX77 - 12-04-2025

Not just you—checkerproxy’s been inconsistent lately. I’ve had better results with Geonode’s free checker.

Also, their “anonymous” flag seems off sometimes. Always verify with a separate tool like WhatIsMyIP.