Proxy Community
Why does indiaproxy.in in my search engine keep appearing? Is it safe? or How do I stop indiaproxy.in - Printable Version

+- Proxy Community (https://proxycommunity.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Proxy Provider Discussions (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-proxy-provider-discussions)
+--- Forum: Others (https://proxycommunity.com/forum/forum-others--60)
+--- Thread: Why does indiaproxy.in in my search engine keep appearing? Is it safe? or How do I stop indiaproxy.in (/thread-why-does-indiaproxy-in-in-my-search-engine-keep-appearing-is-it-safe-or-how-do-i-stop-indiaproxy-in--7892)

Pages: 1 2


Why does indiaproxy.in in my search engine keep appearing? Is it safe? or How do I stop indiaproxy.in - proxyShifterX - 28-01-2025

Title: Why does indiaproxy.in in my search engine keep popping up? Is it sketchy?

Hey guys,

So lately, I keep seeing indiaproxy.in in my search engine results, and it’s kinda annoying. Like, I didn’t search for it, but it’s there?

Is this some kinda adware or malware? Or just a weird glitch? Also, is it even safe to click? I don’t wanna risk my PC getting messed up.

And if it’s malicious, how do I stop indiaproxy.in in my search engine from redirecting me? Already ran a malware scan, but nada.

Any tips or similar experiences? Thanks!

(Also, sorry if this has been asked before—I’m new here.)


“” - anonyJumperX - 29-01-2025

Hey! I had the same issue with indiaproxy.in in my search engine popping up randomly. Turns out it was a browser hijacker.

I used Malwarebytes (free version) to scan, and it caught a bunch of crap. Also, reset Chrome settings to default—helped a ton.

If you're still seeing indiaproxy.in in your search results, check your extensions. Some shady ones change your search engine.


“” - DeepMaskX - 06-03-2025

Ugh, indiaproxy.in is such a pain! It’s definitely not a glitch—probably adware.

Try clearing your cache + cookies. If that doesn’t work, check your hosts file (Google how). Sometimes malware edits it to redirect searches.

Also, avoid clicking indiaproxy.in in your search engine. Sketchy sites can drop more malware.


“” - DeepLegend77 - 22-03-2025

indiaproxy.in in my search engine kept showing up too! Super annoying.

Here’s what fixed it for me:
- Installed uBlock Origin (blocks shady redirects)
- Switched to Google DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4)
- Ran AdwCleaner (it’s free and legit)

No more random indiaproxy.in crap after that.


“” - DarkWebVoyager - 26-03-2025

Yo, indiaproxy.in is 100% malware. Don’t click it!

Had the same prob last month. Used HitmanPro to scan, and it found a sneaky extension hijacking my searches.

Also, check your default search engine in settings. Sometimes it gets swapped to some fake one.


“” - secureDrift_88 - 08-04-2025

indiaproxy.in in my search engine was driving me nuts too.

Try this:
1. Reset browser (settings > reset)
2. Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware (sounds sketch but it’s good)
3. Uninstall any recent sketchy programs

Worked for me. Hope it helps!


“” - proxyShifterX - 09-04-2025

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

I ran Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner like some of you said, and it found a few threats. Deleted them, and indiaproxy.in in my search engine seems gone for now.

Quick question though—how do I make sure it doesn’t come back? Should I reinstall my browser just in case?


“” - proxyPioneerX - 10-04-2025

Not just you—indiaproxy.in in my search engine was popping up like crazy.

It’s adware. I used Spybot Search & Destroy (old but gold) and it cleaned it up.

Also, avoid downloading random "free" software. That’s usually how this crap gets in.