"Anyone else having issues with AT&T DNS servers lately?"
Hey y'all,
Been noticing some weird lag and timeouts when browsing lately. Did a quick test and seems like the at&t dns servers might be the culprit?
Pages take forever to load, and sometimes just don’t resolve at all. Switched to Google DNS as a test, and boom—everything’s snappy again.
Anyone else running into this? Or is it just my luck? Wondering if it’s a local thing or if at&t dns servers are acting up everywhere.
Also, if you’ve switched, what’s your go-to alternative? Cloudflare? OpenDNS? Or just sticking it out with AT&T?
Thanks!
Yeah, been having the same issue with at&t dns servers for the past week. Super annoying!
I switched to Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) and it’s been smooth sailing. Also, try running a quick test on dnsleaktest.com to see if your queries are leaking or getting stuck.
AT&T’s DNS has always been hit or miss for me, tbh.
Not just you! AT&T DNS servers have been acting up in my area too (Austin, TX).
I’ve been using OpenDNS (208.67.222.222) as a backup for years. Way more reliable.
Pro tip: Change the DNS on your router so all devices benefit. No more random timeouts!
omg yes! at&t dns servers are driving me nuts. Pages keep failing to load, and I thought it was my wifi.
Switched to Google DNS (8.8.8.8) and it’s night and day.
Also, if you’re on Windows, try "nslookup example.com" in cmd to see how slow at&t’s servers are compared to others.
Funny you mention this—I’ve been troubleshooting my connection for days and finally figured out it was at&t dns servers causing the lag.
I’m using Quad9 (9.9.9.9) now. Super fast and has built-in malware blocking.
If you’re curious, check out DNSPerf to compare DNS speeds. AT&T’s been at the bottom lately.
Yep, same here. at&t dns servers have been garbage this month.
I switched to Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1 and haven’t looked back.
Btw, if you’re tech-savvy, try setting up Pi-hole with a third-party DNS. Blocks ads AND fixes the AT&T DNS mess.
Thanks for all the suggestions, folks! Switched to Cloudflare’s DNS and it’s way better.
Still weird that at&t dns servers are so unreliable lately. Anyone know if they’ve acknowledged the issue?
Also, gonna try Pi-hole next—sounds like a game-changer. Appreciate the help!
AT&T’s DNS has always been slow for me, but it’s gotten worse lately.
I’ve been using OpenNIC servers as an alternative. Decentralized and no logging.
If you’re on a Mac, use "Network Utility" to test DNS response times. AT&T’s are embarrassingly slow.
Lol, glad it’s not just me. at&t dns servers are straight-up broken sometimes.
I’ve been using AdGuard DNS (94.140.14.14) and it’s been great—fast and blocks ads.
For a quick fix, change your DNS on your device first before messing with the router.