"How do I set up a proxy on WiFi for better security?"

5 Replies, 424 Views

Hello everyone,

I am seeking guidance on how to set up a proxy on WiFi for better security.

I understand that using a proxy can help protect my privacy and enhance my online security, but I am unsure about the steps involved in configuring it specifically for a WiFi connection.

If anyone has experience with this process, could you please share your insights?

What settings do I need to adjust, and are there any particular proxy services you would recommend for this purpose?

Thank you for your assistance!
Hello everyone,

Setting up a proxy on WiFi can be a bit tricky, but it’s definitely worth it for added security.

To start, you’ll want to go into your network settings on your device. From there, look for the proxy settings and enter the proxy server details provided by your proxy service. Make sure to choose the right protocol (HTTP, HTTPS, or SOCKS) based on what your provider recommends.
What’s up!

I think using a browser-based proxy like ProxySite can be a good alternative if you're not ready to set up a full proxy on WiFi.

Just remember that this won't cover all your internet traffic, but it’s a quick way to access certain sites securely without much hassle.
大家好!

谢谢大家的建议!🙌 我会尝试按照你的建议设置代理,特别是使用NordVPN的教程。

如果我有更多问题或者体验,会再来分享!再次感谢你们的帮助!😊
Hey!

I recently set up a proxy on WiFi using NordVPN.

Their app makes it super easy. Once you install it, you can configure it to run through your WiFi network. They have great tutorials on how to do this on their website, which really helped me out!
Hi there!

For setting up a proxy on WiFi, I suggest you check out ProxyCap.

It allows you to route your WiFi traffic through a proxy without changing the settings on each application. It’s a bit of an investment, but it simplifies the process if you’re using multiple apps that need the proxy.



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)