Dude, I was in the same boat a few months ago. Proxy format choices are overwhelming af.
For scraping, I’d say start with HTTP proxies. They’re easier to set up, and if you’re just starting out, you don’t need the extra speed of SOCKS5 right away.
Residential proxies are great for avoiding bans, but they’re expensive. I use Smartproxy for residential proxies when I need them, but for most of my scraping, I stick with datacenter proxies from MyPrivateProxy.
Also, don’t forget to rotate your IPs! It’s a game-changer for scraping.
For scraping, I’d say start with HTTP proxies. They’re easier to set up, and if you’re just starting out, you don’t need the extra speed of SOCKS5 right away.
Residential proxies are great for avoiding bans, but they’re expensive. I use Smartproxy for residential proxies when I need them, but for most of my scraping, I stick with datacenter proxies from MyPrivateProxy.
Also, don’t forget to rotate your IPs! It’s a game-changer for scraping.
