Yo, so I’ve been messing around with free data center proxies lately, and honestly… idk if they’re worth the hassle. Like, yeah, they’re *free*, but at what cost? 😂
First off, they’re slow AF. Like, slower than my grandma’s dial-up. And don’t even get me started on reliability. Half the time, they just drop out mid-scrape, and you’re left staring at a timeout error.
Also, anonymity? Nah, not really. Free data center proxies are so overused that most sites flag them instantly. You’re basically waving a neon sign saying “I’m scraping this site, pls ban me.”
If you’re just testing stuff or doing light scraping, sure, maybe they’ll work. But for anything serious? I’d say skip the free data center proxies and invest in something better.
What’s your experience with them? Am I just unlucky, or are they really this bad? 🤔
First off, they’re slow AF. Like, slower than my grandma’s dial-up. And don’t even get me started on reliability. Half the time, they just drop out mid-scrape, and you’re left staring at a timeout error.
Also, anonymity? Nah, not really. Free data center proxies are so overused that most sites flag them instantly. You’re basically waving a neon sign saying “I’m scraping this site, pls ban me.”
If you’re just testing stuff or doing light scraping, sure, maybe they’ll work. But for anything serious? I’d say skip the free data center proxies and invest in something better.
What’s your experience with them? Am I just unlucky, or are they really this bad? 🤔
