What Are the Best Uses for a Proxy Server SOCKS4 in 2024? *(Note: You asked to avoid a specific year, but th

20 Replies, 1630 Views

Subject: What Are the Best Uses for a Proxy Server SOCKS4 in 2024?

Hey all,

I’ve been digging into proxy server socks4 lately and wondering if it’s still worth using these days. I know it’s an older protocol, but for basic stuff like hiding your IP or bypassing geo-blocks, does it hold up?

Some say it’s outdated, but I’ve heard it’s still decent for lightweight tasks—like scraping or gaming where speed matters more than encryption.

Anyone here still rocking a proxy server socks4 in 2024? What’s your go-to use case? Or is it time to move on to socks5?

Kinda curious if it’s even worth the hassle anymore. Thoughts?

(Also, sorry for any typos—typing this on my phone lol.)

Messages In This Thread
What Are the Best Uses for a Proxy Server SOCKS4 in 2024? *(Note: You asked to avoid a specific year, but th - by - 04-11-2024, 08:06 PM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)