"Why should I use a socks proxy server instead of a regular VPN?"
Okay, so I’ve been digging into this whole proxy vs VPN thing, and I’m kinda torn. Like, VPNs are everywhere, but a socks proxy server seems way lighter and faster for certain stuff.
First off, a socks proxy server doesn’t encrypt your traffic like a VPN (so yeah, not great for *super* sensitive stuff), but it’s killer for speed and bypassing basic geo-blocks. Plus, it works at the app level—so you can route just your torrent client or game through it without slowing down your whole connection.
VPNs are like a sledgehammer, but sometimes you just need a scalpel, y’know?
Anyone else switched to a socks proxy server for specific tasks? Or am I missing something?
Okay, so I’ve been digging into this whole proxy vs VPN thing, and I’m kinda torn. Like, VPNs are everywhere, but a socks proxy server seems way lighter and faster for certain stuff.
First off, a socks proxy server doesn’t encrypt your traffic like a VPN (so yeah, not great for *super* sensitive stuff), but it’s killer for speed and bypassing basic geo-blocks. Plus, it works at the app level—so you can route just your torrent client or game through it without slowing down your whole connection.
VPNs are like a sledgehammer, but sometimes you just need a scalpel, y’know?
Anyone else switched to a socks proxy server for specific tasks? Or am I missing something?
