How can I use curl to download a file from the command line? or What’s the best way to download a fil

20 Replies, 741 Views

"Need help with curl download file command—any tips?"

Hey everyone!

Trying to use curl to download a file from a URL, but keep running into issues. My command looks something like:

```
curl -O https://example.com/file.zip
```

But sometimes it just... doesn’t work? Like, no error, but no file either.

Am I missing something obvious? Should I be using `-L` for redirects or `-J` for filename handling? Also, what’s the deal with `--progress-bar` vs silent mode?

Any curl download file pros here who can share their go-to command? Bonus points if you explain it like I’m 5 lol.

Thanks in advance!

(PS: If there’s a better way than curl download file, lmk—but I’m kinda stuck with it for now.)

Messages In This Thread
How can I use curl to download a file from the command line? or What’s the best way to download a fil - by - 04-11-2024, 11:50 PM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)