Title: Is it cool to scrape whole website (robots.txt) without breaking rules?
Hey folks,
So I’ve been digging into web scraping lately, and I’m kinda stuck on this whole *scrape whole website (robots.txt)* thing. Like, I get that robots.txt sets the rules, but is it *actually* ethical to scrape everything if the site doesn’t explicitly block it?
Also, how do you even *scrape whole website (robots.txt)* without getting blocked? I’ve heard mixed stuff—some say it’s fine as long as you respect crawl delays, others say it’s a gray area.
What’s your take? Any best practices or horror stories?
(Also, sorry if this has been asked a million times—I did search but still confused lol.)
Cheers!
Hey folks,
So I’ve been digging into web scraping lately, and I’m kinda stuck on this whole *scrape whole website (robots.txt)* thing. Like, I get that robots.txt sets the rules, but is it *actually* ethical to scrape everything if the site doesn’t explicitly block it?
Also, how do you even *scrape whole website (robots.txt)* without getting blocked? I’ve heard mixed stuff—some say it’s fine as long as you respect crawl delays, others say it’s a gray area.
What’s your take? Any best practices or horror stories?
(Also, sorry if this has been asked a million times—I did search but still confused lol.)
Cheers!
