How to properly configure wget proxy in /etc/wgetrc? or Best way to set up wget proxy via /etc/wgetrc

18 Replies, 772 Views

"Why isn't my wget proxy /etc/wgetrc working? Pls help!"

Hey guys,

So I’ve been trying to set up a wget proxy in /etc/wgetrc, but it’s just not taking the settings. I added these lines:

```
http_proxy = http://myproxy:8080
https_proxy = http://myproxy:8080
```

But wget still ignores it and goes direct. Am I missing something?

Also, do I need to restart anything after editing /etc/wgetrc? Or is there some hidden syntax rule?

Kinda frustrating lol. Any tips?

---

*Or a shorter version:*

"Correct syntax for wget proxy /etc/wgetrc?"

Quick q: what’s the right way to set a wget proxy in /etc/wgetrc?

Tried a few formats but no luck. Does it need quotes? Full URL?

Thx!

Messages In This Thread
How to properly configure wget proxy in /etc/wgetrc? or Best way to set up wget proxy via /etc/wgetrc - by - 18-12-2024, 08:19 AM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)