"Is beautifulsoup libraries wikipedia the best tool for scraping wiki? Or am I missing something?"
Hey folks! So I've been messing around with beautifulsoup libraries wikipedia scraping lately, and it's *kinda* awesome. But like, is it *really* the best option out there?
I mean, it’s super easy to parse tables, grab text, or even pull links. But sometimes the HTML structure on wiki pages is a mess, and I end up with weird nested tags.
Anyone else run into this? Or am I just doing it wrong lol?
Also, how reliable is the data? I’ve seen some inconsistencies, but idk if that’s beautifulsoup libraries wikipedia’s fault or just wiki being wiki.
Would love to hear your takes! Cheers.
Hey folks! So I've been messing around with beautifulsoup libraries wikipedia scraping lately, and it's *kinda* awesome. But like, is it *really* the best option out there?
I mean, it’s super easy to parse tables, grab text, or even pull links. But sometimes the HTML structure on wiki pages is a mess, and I end up with weird nested tags.
Anyone else run into this? Or am I just doing it wrong lol?
Also, how reliable is the data? I’ve seen some inconsistencies, but idk if that’s beautifulsoup libraries wikipedia’s fault or just wiki being wiki.
Would love to hear your takes! Cheers.
