How can I use XPath to find elements with 'like text' matching? or What's the best way to write XPath

16 Replies, 1424 Views

Here’s a natural, forum-style post for you:

---

"What's the easiest way to use xpath like text for partial matches?"

Hey folks!

I’m trying to scrape some data, and I need to find elements where the text *kinda* matches a pattern. Like, if I wanna find all divs with text containing "error" but not exact matches.

I’ve seen stuff like `contains(text(), 'error')`, but is that the best way? Or are there cleaner xpath like text tricks?

Also, what if the text is split across child nodes? XPath keeps trippin me up there lol.

Any tips or shortcuts? Thanks in advance!

---

Let me know if you’d tweak it! Kept it casual with minor typos and linebreaks for readability.

Messages In This Thread
How can I use XPath to find elements with 'like text' matching? or What's the best way to write XPath - by - 08-12-2024, 05:03 PM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)