Can someone explain the meaning of proxy in simple terms? or What exactly is the meaning of proxy and

20 Replies, 1313 Views

"Hey guys, super confused about the meaning of proxy here. Can someone explain it like I'm 5?

Like, I keep hearing "proxy this, proxy that," but what does it *actually* do? Is it just a fancy middleman or something more?

Also, how does it even work? Does it hide my stuff or just slow things down?

Pls break it down simple—no tech jargon! 🙏

Thanks in advance!"

---

OR

"Okay, so what’s the *real* meaning of proxy? And why do ppl use it?"

Seriously, I’ve googled but it’s all so technical.

Is it like a mask for your internet? Or just a detour?

And does it actually protect you or just pretend to?

Help a confused soul out! 😅

(Also, any good free proxies? Lol)"

---

OR

"Can someone ELI5 the meaning of proxy? Like, why’s it a big deal?"

All I know is it’s *something* between me and the internet. But how?

Does it change my location? Hide my IP? Both?

Kinda lost here—anyone got a simple analogy?

Thx! ✌️

Messages In This Thread
Can someone explain the meaning of proxy in simple terms? or What exactly is the meaning of proxy and - by - 28-08-2024, 01:57 AM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)