How to Identify IPv4 vs IPv6 – What Are the Key Differences? or Struggling to Tell IPv4 and IPv6 Apar

18 Replies, 1437 Views

"Struggling to Tell IPv4 and IPv6 Apart? How to Identify IPv4 vs IPv6 Easily?"

Hey folks,

I keep seeing these IP addresses everywhere, but tbh, I get confused between IPv4 and IPv6. Like, how to identify IPv4 vs IPv6 without googling every single time?

I know IPv4 looks like *192.168.1.1* (short and sweet), but IPv6 is this long mess with colons and letters (*2001:0db8:85a3::8a2e:0370:7334*). But is that the only difference?

Are there any quick tricks or tools to spot them faster? Maybe something about the format or length?

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
How to Identify IPv4 vs IPv6 – What Are the Key Differences? or Struggling to Tell IPv4 and IPv6 Apar - by - 12-09-2024, 09:22 AM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)