"Struggling to json read json file – any tips?"
Hey folks,
So I’ve been trying to json read json file in Python, but it keeps throwing errors or just... doesn’t work? Like, I *think* I’m doing it right, but apparently not.
Here’s what I’ve got:
```python
import json
with open('data.json', 'r') as f:
data = json.load(f)
```
But sometimes it crashes with "JSONDecodeError" or some weird encoding stuff. Am I missing something obvious?
Also, what’s the deal with encoding? Do I *always* need to specify it? And why does it fail when the file has trailing commas? Ugh.
Any tips to json read json file *without* pulling my hair out? Thanks!
(PS: Yes, I checked Stack Overflow. Still confused.)
Hey folks,
So I’ve been trying to json read json file in Python, but it keeps throwing errors or just... doesn’t work? Like, I *think* I’m doing it right, but apparently not.
Here’s what I’ve got:
```python
import json
with open('data.json', 'r') as f:
data = json.load(f)
```
But sometimes it crashes with "JSONDecodeError" or some weird encoding stuff. Am I missing something obvious?
Also, what’s the deal with encoding? Do I *always* need to specify it? And why does it fail when the file has trailing commas? Ugh.
Any tips to json read json file *without* pulling my hair out? Thanks!
(PS: Yes, I checked Stack Overflow. Still confused.)
