"Forward proxy vs reverse proxy – which one should I use for my setup?"
Hey everyone,
I’ve been reading up on forward proxy vs reverse proxy, but I’m still kinda confused. Like, I get that a forward proxy hides clients, and a reverse proxy hides servers... but when would you actually pick one over the other?
For example, if I wanna anonymize my web scraping, is a forward proxy the way to go? Or if I’m setting up a website with multiple servers, do I need a reverse proxy?
Also, are there any real-world gotchas with either? Like performance hits or setup headaches?
Would love some plain-English advice! Thanks in advance.
(Ps. If I’m totally off base, feel free to roast me lol)
Hey everyone,
I’ve been reading up on forward proxy vs reverse proxy, but I’m still kinda confused. Like, I get that a forward proxy hides clients, and a reverse proxy hides servers... but when would you actually pick one over the other?
For example, if I wanna anonymize my web scraping, is a forward proxy the way to go? Or if I’m setting up a website with multiple servers, do I need a reverse proxy?
Also, are there any real-world gotchas with either? Like performance hits or setup headaches?
Would love some plain-English advice! Thanks in advance.
(Ps. If I’m totally off base, feel free to roast me lol)
