"Forward vs Reverse Proxy: When to Use Each?"
Hey folks, been scratching my head over this one. What's the *actual* diff between forward vs reverse proxy? Like, I get that a forward proxy hides clients (like us browsing), while a reverse proxy hides servers. But when would you pick one over the other?
For example, if I wanna anonymize my team's web traffic, forward proxy makes sense, right? But if I'm protecting a web server or load balancing, reverse proxy is the move?
Kinda confused about real-world use cases tho. Anyone got examples or gotchas to share?
Also, is one *generally* more common than the other? Or does it just depend on what you're trying to do?
Thanks in advance! 🙏
Hey folks, been scratching my head over this one. What's the *actual* diff between forward vs reverse proxy? Like, I get that a forward proxy hides clients (like us browsing), while a reverse proxy hides servers. But when would you pick one over the other?
For example, if I wanna anonymize my team's web traffic, forward proxy makes sense, right? But if I'm protecting a web server or load balancing, reverse proxy is the move?
Kinda confused about real-world use cases tho. Anyone got examples or gotchas to share?
Also, is one *generally* more common than the other? Or does it just depend on what you're trying to do?
Thanks in advance! 🙏
