"Does a sock proxy really improve privacy compared to VPNs?"
Hey guys, been digging into this lately and kinda confused.
I know VPNs are the go-to for privacy, but what about a sock proxy? Heard it’s faster and still keeps things kinda private.
But like... does it *actually* hide your IP as well as a VPN? Or is it more for bypassing geo-blocks?
Also, if I use a sock proxy + HTTPS, am I good enough? Or is that just wishful thinking?
Would love some real-world experiences. Thx!
---
*(word count: ~80)*
Hey guys, been digging into this lately and kinda confused.
I know VPNs are the go-to for privacy, but what about a sock proxy? Heard it’s faster and still keeps things kinda private.
But like... does it *actually* hide your IP as well as a VPN? Or is it more for bypassing geo-blocks?
Also, if I use a sock proxy + HTTPS, am I good enough? Or is that just wishful thinking?
Would love some real-world experiences. Thx!
---
*(word count: ~80)*
