"New to command line? How to use wget for downloading files efficiently?"
Hey folks! So I’ve been trying to get comfy with the command line, and I keep hearing about how to use wget for downloads. But man, it’s a bit overwhelming at first.
Like, I know the basic `wget [URL]` gets the job done, but how do y’all make it *efficient*?
- Any cool flags you always use? (`-c` for resuming is a lifesaver!)
- How to use wget for grabbing a whole bunch of files at once?
- Any gotchas I should watch out for?
Also, is there a way to speed things up or am I stuck with my slow internet? 😅
Would love to hear your tips & tricks! Cheers!
Hey folks! So I’ve been trying to get comfy with the command line, and I keep hearing about how to use wget for downloads. But man, it’s a bit overwhelming at first.
Like, I know the basic `wget [URL]` gets the job done, but how do y’all make it *efficient*?
- Any cool flags you always use? (`-c` for resuming is a lifesaver!)
- How to use wget for grabbing a whole bunch of files at once?
- Any gotchas I should watch out for?
Also, is there a way to speed things up or am I stuck with my slow internet? 😅
Would love to hear your tips & tricks! Cheers!
