Honestly, I gave up looking for a *free patreon website* and just made a Discord server for my supporters.
But if you *must* use a platform, Ko-fi or Buy Me a Coffee are the least scammy. They’re not *100%* free, but close enough.
Liberapay’s cool too, but good luck getting traction there.
---
Hey everyone!
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions—did *not* expect this many replies!
I think I’ll try Ko-fi first since a lot of you mentioned it. The PayPal/Venmo idea is smart too, but I kinda want the *free patreon website* vibe for discoverability.
Liberapay sounds interesting, but yeah, the niche thing worries me. Has anyone actually grown an audience there?
Also, lol @ the Discord idea—might do that as a bonus for big supporters.
Thanks again! Y’all are the best. 🙌
But if you *must* use a platform, Ko-fi or Buy Me a Coffee are the least scammy. They’re not *100%* free, but close enough.
Liberapay’s cool too, but good luck getting traction there.
---
Hey everyone!
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions—did *not* expect this many replies!
I think I’ll try Ko-fi first since a lot of you mentioned it. The PayPal/Venmo idea is smart too, but I kinda want the *free patreon website* vibe for discoverability.
Liberapay sounds interesting, but yeah, the niche thing worries me. Has anyone actually grown an audience there?
Also, lol @ the Discord idea—might do that as a bonus for big supporters.
Thanks again! Y’all are the best. 🙌
