"VPN vs Proxy: When Should You Use One Over the Other?"
Hey guys, I’ve been digging into the whole vpn a proxy thing lately, and tbh, it’s kinda confusing. Like, both hide your IP, right? But when do you actually need one over the other?
From what I gather, a VPN encrypts *all* your traffic—like, everything’s locked down. Great for privacy or if you’re on public WiFi. But a proxy? It’s more like a middleman for specific stuff (like browsing), but no encryption. Faster, but less secure.
So... if you’re just trying to access geo-blocked Netflix, maybe a proxy’s enough? But for torrenting or sensitive stuff, VPN all the way?
Am I missing something? How do y’all decide between a vpn a proxy? Any gotchas to watch out for?
(Also, can you even use both at the same time? 🤔)
Hey guys, I’ve been digging into the whole vpn a proxy thing lately, and tbh, it’s kinda confusing. Like, both hide your IP, right? But when do you actually need one over the other?
From what I gather, a VPN encrypts *all* your traffic—like, everything’s locked down. Great for privacy or if you’re on public WiFi. But a proxy? It’s more like a middleman for specific stuff (like browsing), but no encryption. Faster, but less secure.
So... if you’re just trying to access geo-blocked Netflix, maybe a proxy’s enough? But for torrenting or sensitive stuff, VPN all the way?
Am I missing something? How do y’all decide between a vpn a proxy? Any gotchas to watch out for?
(Also, can you even use both at the same time? 🤔)
