How do I properly use curl get to fetch data from a URL? or What's the correct syntax for a curl get

20 Replies, 1676 Views

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to use curl get to fetch some data from an API, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

What's the correct syntax for a curl get request? I've tried stuff like `curl https://example.com/api` but not sure if I need flags like `-X GET` or `-H` for headers.

Also, why would a curl get request return no data? Is it a server issue or am I missing something?

And is there any difference between curl get and a normal HTTP GET? Like, does curl handle it differently under the hood?

Would love some examples or tips! Thanks in advance Smile

(btw, sorry for any typos—typing this on my phone lol)

Messages In This Thread
How do I properly use curl get to fetch data from a URL? or What's the correct syntax for a curl get - by - 15-10-2024, 06:48 PM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)