"Does DuckDuckgo know your IP address despite its privacy claims?"
Hey folks, quick question that’s been bugging me.
DuckDuckgo says it’s all about privacy, right? But like… how does it *not* duckduckgo know your ip adress when you search stuff? I mean, doesn’t it *have* to see your IP to send you results? Or am I missing something?
I get that they don’t track you long-term, but can they duckduckgo know your ip adress *in the moment*? And if so, what stops them from logging it?
Kinda confused here. Anyone got the lowdown?
(Also, sorry if this has been asked before—tried searching but got lost in the results lol.)
Hey folks, quick question that’s been bugging me.
DuckDuckgo says it’s all about privacy, right? But like… how does it *not* duckduckgo know your ip adress when you search stuff? I mean, doesn’t it *have* to see your IP to send you results? Or am I missing something?
I get that they don’t track you long-term, but can they duckduckgo know your ip adress *in the moment*? And if so, what stops them from logging it?
Kinda confused here. Anyone got the lowdown?
(Also, sorry if this has been asked before—tried searching but got lost in the results lol.)
