"What screen scraping tools do you guys swear by for big projects?"
Hey everyone! I'm diving into a massive data collection project and need some recs.
There are *so* many screen scraping tools out there—some free, some paid, some just... meh. But which ones actually handle large-scale stuff without crashing every 5 mins?
I’ve tried a couple, but either they’re too slow or can’t handle dynamic sites. Like, c’mon, it’s 2024—why is this still a struggle?
Any favorites? Bonus points if they’re open-source or at least affordable.
(Also, if you’ve got horror stories about screen scraping tools failing miserably, I’d love to hear ‘em. Gotta know what to avoid!)
Thanks in advance! 🚀
Hey everyone! I'm diving into a massive data collection project and need some recs.
There are *so* many screen scraping tools out there—some free, some paid, some just... meh. But which ones actually handle large-scale stuff without crashing every 5 mins?
I’ve tried a couple, but either they’re too slow or can’t handle dynamic sites. Like, c’mon, it’s 2024—why is this still a struggle?
Any favorites? Bonus points if they’re open-source or at least affordable.
(Also, if you’ve got horror stories about screen scraping tools failing miserably, I’d love to hear ‘em. Gotta know what to avoid!)
Thanks in advance! 🚀
