"Web Crawling vs Scraping – Which One Should I Use for My Project?"
Hey folks! So I’m kinda stuck trying to figure out the whole *web crawling vs scraping* thing. Like, aren’t they the same?
From what I gather, web crawling is like sending a bot to *discover* pages (think Google indexing stuff), while scraping is more about *extracting* specific data from those pages.
But here’s my dilemma: I need to collect product prices from a bunch of sites. Should I crawl first to find the pages, then scrape? Or can I just scrape directly?
Also, is one more “legal” than the other? Lol, don’t wanna get in trouble.
Any tips or real-world examples would be clutch! Thanks y’all.
---
*(Ps. If I’m totally off, pls correct me. Still learning!)*
Hey folks! So I’m kinda stuck trying to figure out the whole *web crawling vs scraping* thing. Like, aren’t they the same?
From what I gather, web crawling is like sending a bot to *discover* pages (think Google indexing stuff), while scraping is more about *extracting* specific data from those pages.
But here’s my dilemma: I need to collect product prices from a bunch of sites. Should I crawl first to find the pages, then scrape? Or can I just scrape directly?
Also, is one more “legal” than the other? Lol, don’t wanna get in trouble.
Any tips or real-world examples would be clutch! Thanks y’all.
---
*(Ps. If I’m totally off, pls correct me. Still learning!)*
