What’s the Difference Between Web Scraping vs Web Crawling? Explained! or Web Scraping vs Web Crawlin

20 Replies, 1775 Views

"Confused About Web Scraping vs Web Crawling? Let’s Break It Down!"

Hey everyone!

So, I’ve been seeing a lot of talk about web scraping vs web crawling lately, and tbh, I was kinda confused at first. Aren’t they the same thing? Turns out, nope!

Web crawling is like a spider (think Googlebot) just *exploring* the web, indexing pages without really grabbing specific data.

Web scraping, on the other hand, is more targeted—it *extracts* specific info from sites, like prices or reviews.

So, if you need data *from* pages, scraping’s your friend. If you’re mapping the web, crawling’s the way.

Anyone else mix these up at first? Or got tips on which to use when?

(Also, yes, I totally typed 'crawling' wrong in the title at first. Oops!)

Messages In This Thread
What’s the Difference Between Web Scraping vs Web Crawling? Explained! or Web Scraping vs Web Crawlin - by - 08-07-2024, 07:55 PM



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)