Hey everyone,
I’ve been hearing a lot about proxies lately, and I’m kinda confused about the socks4 proxy meaning. Like, what exactly is it? I get that it’s some kind of proxy, but how does it work?
From what I’ve gathered, a socks4 proxy meaning is basically a protocol that helps route your internet traffic through a server, kinda hiding your IP address. But I’m not sure if it’s secure or if it supports stuff like UDP or DNS.
Also, does it work with all apps, or just specific ones? And how’s it different from socks5? I’ve seen people mention both, but I’m lost lol.
If anyone can break it down in simple terms, that’d be awesome! Thanks in advance, y’all.
P.S. Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching but couldn’t find a clear explanation.
I’ve been hearing a lot about proxies lately, and I’m kinda confused about the socks4 proxy meaning. Like, what exactly is it? I get that it’s some kind of proxy, but how does it work?
From what I’ve gathered, a socks4 proxy meaning is basically a protocol that helps route your internet traffic through a server, kinda hiding your IP address. But I’m not sure if it’s secure or if it supports stuff like UDP or DNS.
Also, does it work with all apps, or just specific ones? And how’s it different from socks5? I’ve seen people mention both, but I’m lost lol.
If anyone can break it down in simple terms, that’d be awesome! Thanks in advance, y’all.
P.S. Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching but couldn’t find a clear explanation.
