Hey everyone,
So I’ve been hearing a lot about transparent proxies lately, and I’m kinda confused. Like, how does a transparent proxy even work? From what I gather, it kinda just sits between you and the internet, intercepting stuff without you even knowing? Sounds a bit sneaky, tbh.
But is it actually useful? Like, should I even bother using a transparent proxy, or is it just for big companies and schools to monitor traffic? I’m not super techy, so ELI5 if possible lol.
Also, are there any downsides? I’ve heard it can mess with HTTPS or something? Idk, just trying to figure out if it’s worth the hassle.
Thanks in advance for any insights!
So I’ve been hearing a lot about transparent proxies lately, and I’m kinda confused. Like, how does a transparent proxy even work? From what I gather, it kinda just sits between you and the internet, intercepting stuff without you even knowing? Sounds a bit sneaky, tbh.
But is it actually useful? Like, should I even bother using a transparent proxy, or is it just for big companies and schools to monitor traffic? I’m not super techy, so ELI5 if possible lol.
Also, are there any downsides? I’ve heard it can mess with HTTPS or something? Idk, just trying to figure out if it’s worth the hassle.
Thanks in advance for any insights!
