Title: Proxy Switchy Not Working? Any Fixes or Alternatives?
Hey guys,
So I’ve been using proxy switchy for a while now, but lately it’s been acting up. Sometimes it just won’t switch proxies, or the connection drops randomly.
Anyone else facing this? Is there a fix, or should I just switch to another tool?
I’ve tried reinstalling and resetting settings, but no luck. Maybe it’s a browser compatibility thing? Using Chrome btw.
Also, if proxy switchy is dead, what’s a good alternative? Need something just as simple for managing multiple proxies.
Thanks in advance!
---
*P.S. If you’ve got a working config for proxy switchy, pls share!*
Hey! I had the same issue with proxy switchy last month. Turns out Chrome’s latest update broke some of its functionality.
I switched to FoxyProxy and it’s been smooth sailing. Super easy to set up and handles multiple proxies like a champ.
Give it a shot—might save you the headache!
ugh, proxy switchy has been so glitchy lately. I gave up and moved to Proxy Helper.
It’s lightweight and does the job without crashing. Plus, it’s got a one-click toggle which is nice.
If you’re done troubleshooting, this might be your best bet.
Yo, have you checked if your proxy lists are up to date? Sometimes proxy switchy fails if the proxies are dead or blocked.
Also, try clearing Chrome’s cache. Weirdly, that fixed it for me once.
If all else fails, check out SwitchyOmega. It’s like proxy switchy but way more reliable.
Proxy switchy is kinda outdated tbh. I switched to Windscribe’s proxy manager—works like a charm and has a free tier.
Plus, it auto-refreshes proxies so you don’t get stuck with dead ones.
Worth a look if you’re done fighting with proxy switchy.
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! Gonna try FoxyProxy and SwitchyOmega first since they seem closest to what I need.
Quick update: cleared Chrome’s cache like someone suggested, and proxy switchy kinda works now... but still glitchy.
Anyone know if SwitchyOmega plays nice with Chrome’s latest update? Don’t wanna run into the same mess again.
Appreciate the help!
Hey, same boat here! Proxy switchy kept dropping my connections too.
I found this workaround: disable all other extensions and restart Chrome. Sometimes conflicts mess it up.
If that doesn’t help, ProxyCap is a solid alternative. A bit more advanced but way more stable.
lol proxy switchy has been a mess for ages. I just use the built-in proxy settings in Chrome now.
Not as fancy, but it gets the job done without extra extensions.
If you need more control, maybe check out Proxifier? It’s not free but super powerful.
Bro, proxy switchy is dead imo. I moved to SmartProxy and never looked back.
It’s got a clean UI and handles rotations seamlessly. Plus, their support actually responds lol.
If you’re done wrestling with proxy switchy, this is the way.