"Best Way to Configure wget Proxy? Running Into Issues!"
Hey folks!
Trying to set up a wget proxy but hitting a wall. I added `http_proxy` and `https_proxy` in my `.bashrc`, but wget still ignores it?
Also tried `--proxy=on` and `--proxy-user`, but no luck. Am I missing something obvious?
Running:
`wget --proxy=user:pass@proxy:port http://example.com`
Getting timeouts or auth errors. Proxy works fine with curl, so it's gotta be my wget proxy setup.
Any tips? Maybe a config file tweak?
Thanks in advance!
Hey folks!
Trying to set up a wget proxy but hitting a wall. I added `http_proxy` and `https_proxy` in my `.bashrc`, but wget still ignores it?
Also tried `--proxy=on` and `--proxy-user`, but no luck. Am I missing something obvious?
Running:
`wget --proxy=user:pass@proxy:port http://example.com`
Getting timeouts or auth errors. Proxy works fine with curl, so it's gotta be my wget proxy setup.
Any tips? Maybe a config file tweak?
Thanks in advance!
