Is Google Scraping Still Effective for Data Extraction in 2024? *(Note: Since you asked to avoid a specific

20 Replies, 1261 Views

"Hey guys, is google scraping still worth it in 2024?"

I’ve been using google scraping for a while to pull data for my projects, but lately, it feels like Google’s gotten way stricter with blocks and CAPTCHAs.

Anyone else noticing this? Or am I just doing it wrong lol.

Also, what tools are y’all using these days? I’ve tried a few, but some are hit or miss.

Is it even safe anymore? Don’t wanna wake up to a banned IP or something.

Would love to hear your experiences or tips to make google scraping less of a headache.

Thanks!
Yeah, google scraping is def getting harder. Google’s anti-bot measures are no joke now.

I switched to using ScraperAPI with rotating proxies, and it’s been way smoother. Still get some CAPTCHAs, but way fewer blocks.

If you’re doing it manually, try slowing down your requests or using residential proxies. Free tools like ScrapeStorm might help too, but paid options are more reliable.
Honestly, it’s a cat-and-mouse game. Google keeps updating, and scrapers have to adapt.

I’ve had luck with Bright Data’s proxy network—kinda pricey but worth it if you need consistent data. Also, make sure you’re mimicking human behavior (random delays, headers, etc.).

If you’re getting blocked a lot, your IP might already be flagged. Try switching it up.
Google scraping is still worth it, but you gotta be smart. Free tools won’t cut it anymore.

I use Octoparse with proxies, and it’s been solid. Also, check out Zenscrape—they handle CAPTCHAs for you.

Biggest tip: Don’t hammer Google with too many requests. Space ’em out or you’ll get banned fast.
It’s not just you—Google’s cracked down hard. I got my home IP banned last month lol.

Now I only use cloud-based scrapers like Apify. They handle the heavy lifting, and you don’t have to worry about IP bans.

If you’re DIY-ing it, at least use a VPN or rotating proxies. Otherwise, good luck.
Man, google scraping is such a pain now. I gave up and just use SerpAPI.

It’s not free, but it’s way less hassle. They manage the proxies, CAPTCHAs, everything.

If you’re scraping for biz, just pay for a service. Saves so much time.
Still worth it if you do it right. I scrape daily for my projects, and here’s what works for me:

- Rotating residential proxies (I use Smartproxy)
- Random user-agent switcher
- 5-10 sec delays between requests

Free tools like ParseHub are okay for small jobs, but for serious scraping, invest in good proxies.
OP here—thanks for all the replies! Super helpful.

I tried ScraperAPI based on the suggestions, and it’s way better than what I was doing before. Still getting a few CAPTCHAs, but nothing crazy.

Quick question: Anyone tried using browser automation tools like Playwright for google scraping? Wondering if it’s worth the setup.

Also, big shoutout to the proxy tips—saved me from another IP ban lol.
Google scraping in 2024? Risky but doable.

I’ve been using ScrapingBee, and it’s been a lifesaver. Handles all the anti-bot stuff for you.

If you’re getting blocked, your scraper might be too aggressive. Try throttling your requests or using a headless browser like Puppeteer.
It’s brutal out here lol. Google’s detection is insane now.

I switched to using a combo of ScraperBox and Luminati proxies. Costs a bit, but zero CAPTCHAs so far.

If you’re on a budget, try scraping during off-peak hours. Less traffic = less suspicion.



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)