How to securely connect to an IKEv2 server: Best practices and tips?

22 Replies, 2453 Views

Wow, thanks for all the awesome replies, everyone! I’ve been trying out some of the tips you guys shared, and it’s been super helpful. I switched to using certificates instead of pre-shared keys, and it feels way more secure.

I also checked out the StrongSwan wiki, and it’s been a game-changer for setting things up. One quick question though—anyone know if there’s a way to automate certificate renewal? I’m a bit worried about them expiring and breaking the connection.

Thanks again, you guys rock!
IKEv2 is solid, but yeah, it can be a bit confusing at first. For *how to securely connect to an IKEv2 server*, I’d say:

- Use certificates for authentication.
- Stick to AES-256 encryption.
- Disable outdated protocols like SHA-1.

Also, check out the StrongSwan docs. They’re super helpful for setting things up.



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)