How to Set Up Proxy SwitchyOmega for Seamless Browsing? or Proxy SwitchyOmega Not Working? Any Fixes

16 Replies, 1978 Views

"Proxy SwitchyOmega Not Working? Any Fixes or Alternatives?"

Ugh, so Proxy SwitchyOmega just *decided* to stop working for me today. Was smooth until now, but suddenly it's like "nah, not today." Tried restarting Chrome, reloading profiles, even reinstalled the extension—nada.

Anyone else facing this? Maybe it's a Chrome update thing?

If it's totally borked, what alternatives y'all using? I need something just as slick for quick proxy swaps.

(Also, pls don't say "just use VPN" lol—I need granular control!)

---

OR

---

"Why Is Proxy SwitchyOmega the Go-To Tool for Proxy Management?"

Let's be real—Proxy SwitchyOmega is the MVP for a reason. No bloated UI, no nonsense. Just *click* and you're on a diff proxy.

Other tools overcomplicate things, but SwitchyOmega? Clean, fast, and stupidly easy to set up. Plus, the profile switching is *chef's kiss*.

Only gripe? Wish it had more frequent updates. But hey, if it ain't broke...

Who else refuses to use anything else? 🙋‍♂️
Yeah, Proxy SwitchyOmega acting up for me too after the latest Chrome update. Super annoying.

For alternatives, check out FoxyProxy—kinda similar but with more active dev support. Also, Proxy Helper is lightweight and gets the job done.

If you're feeling adventurous, PAC (Proxy Auto-Config) files might work, but they’re a bit more manual. Hope this helps!
SwitchyOmega is still my go-to, but when it glitches, I just use the built-in Chrome proxy settings as a temp fix.

Not as slick, but it’s better than nothing. Also, maybe check if your proxy list is outdated? Sometimes that’s the culprit.
Dude, same issue here. Proxy SwitchyOmega was flawless until Chrome decided to "help" us.

Try Proxy SwitchySharp—it’s an older fork but might work if you’re desperate. Otherwise, VPN with split tunneling (I know, I know, but it’s granular enough for most cases).
Honestly, SwitchyOmega’s lack of updates is its Achilles’ heel. For a more modern alternative, ProxyTool has a similar vibe but with better maintenance.

Also, if you’re on Firefox, SmartProxy is a solid choice. Not sure why Chrome extensions always break first lol.
SwitchyOmega is king for a reason—simple, no-nonsense UI. But yeah, when it breaks, it’s a pain.

For quick fixes, clear Chrome’s cache and disable other extensions. Sometimes they clash. If all else fails, Windscribe’s proxy feature is surprisingly flexible (and yes, I know you said no VPNs, but it’s worth a look).
OP here—thanks for all the suggestions! Tried FoxyProxy and it’s *almost* as good, but man, I miss SwitchyOmega’s simplicity.

Weirdly, it started working again after I wiped Chrome’s entire proxy settings. No idea why, but I’ll take it.

Anyone know if the devs are still maintaining it? Feels like we’re on borrowed time here.
Anyone else notice Proxy SwitchyOmega struggles with certain proxy types? Like, SOCKS5 works fine, but HTTP just dies?

For alternatives, ProxyCap is overkill but gives insane control. Or just downgrade Chrome—worked for me last time this happened.
SifrПД-6AutrElecШалаЛипасертТанаviscAdriMechSwarГрылWindWindПроцАлекXVIIPietRobe

АнисСодечист261.5Sony`НатСмолMoleSelaErbaРоссЛитРазбуInteЯроцВолкредаPayoоптоплас

WindизучАброFronосноУшакИллюсловсертменеTekaRudyВиктAlleGlamKuesФормРимсНефеJuli

рокаMadeмеся(ВедромаАшикудовDaviChopUntaWindТокиMariJoseIntrМедяHomoБогдRifaJame

детсПольLebeменяVentвперКалаAtlaпятнCathBendPuccДаниMarsMichУитмСаксwwwcНифоPrim

Axel125хBernПопоJameGiovБарквузоАнисучреоднаBittsatiкотоКолыMichКомаШимсHellльня

InteHenrClatФолакнижФормPhilсупеСолоAndrИллюFinoкараJennJeweMarlэлемАртиМузосбор

VincBackARAGОлифRexoязыкстиквыбоChicскреAhmaдовеИллюHomoДезаВакуJackПопоGaryNich

КоныJazzAvasВиртиносXIIIЮрчеUndeChilЖуглRobeфарфJeffSilvCrysRoyaЯкимFrieБуреWind

AcroRepr
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2026, 05:23 PM by yelgath.)
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо

инфоинфо
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2026, 02:22 PM by yelgath.)



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)